Bluetooth hands free, weird behaviour.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jevel

I saw this in the loaner I had for a weekend when I was deciding if I wanted to buy the car, but dismissed it as a glitch.

Now that I have gotten my own car, I see that the bluetooth hands free system performs a bit odd, and not at all as stable as my old system in my Subaru. I use an iPhone 5 with the latest iOS, 8.0.2.

First of all it seems random if I get a ringer sound on outgoing calls when I initiate them from the handset. This is not too big of an issue, but when calling in places with bad reception it would be nice to hear if the call actually initiates.

Second issue is stability. I have had the hands free drop out on me in the middle of a call, just to be unable to reconnect. I have also seen a lot of calls initiated from my handset go directly to phone earpiece, not to bluetooth. When I manually choose bluetooth, it might or might not stick.

Third issue is pick up and end call buttons. I have had a few situations where these would not work.

We have a brand new Pajero at work with the same MMCS, and I see issue one and two in this car as well.

Have anyone else seen the same, or is this issue related to my phone in any way?

-KJ

I had IOS 7 on my iPhone and both WiFi and Bluetooth were solid - now I have upgraded to IOS8.0.2 Wifi is constantly moving to the strongest signal and Bluetooth is not as stable as it used to be...

Added - update to IOS 8.1 seems to have improved connectivity stability...

My problem is worse than described previously, with IOS8 I can't even get the phone to connect. Software glitches are making me regret buying this car!!!! :evil:

I don't want to step on an body's shoos here but I have used the car with 2 different android devices and I never had any problems with MMCS, that's not to say that it's perfect in every way as it's not. But it sounds like you're blaming the car for IOS problems.

tjacobsen said:
I don't want to step on an body's shoos here but I have used the car with 2 different android devices and I never had any problems with MMCS, that's not to say that it's perfect in every way as it's not. But it sounds like you're blaming the car for IOS problems.

as is often the case with Apple owners!

maby said:
tjacobsen said:

When an iPhone works perfectly over a long period with every other bluetooth device it connects to and then has issues with a car with software that a large number of owners complain about, it is a fair assumption to question the car.

maby said:

Thank you for sharing your valuable and insightful thoughts with us. This really helped.

As for the rest of the replies:

Apple released an update, iOS 8.1, which listed Bluetooth stability as one of the things that was improved. But I still see stability problems and lack of ringer on the Outlander. Works just fine with my Jawbone, Parrot and Jabra Bluetooth devices.

Guess I'll have to bug the dealer on this.

-KJ

Back