Bluetooth not working as it should be

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iDutchy

Hi,

I just received a lease Outlander PHEV, the car is awsome however i'm facing a problem.

Whenever I pair my phone trough bluetooth and import contacts it only shows me 3 contacts I checked to see if it was only importing simcard contacts so I copied all my contacts to my sim and still it is only showing 3 specific contacts.

Does anyone here have an idea about why this is happening and how I can fix this.

Thanks!

Wesley

Sorry no, but just try again following the instructions in the manual. The MMCS is a bit clunky and might just need a reset and retry.

I tried resetting it but this did not work either.

It is really strange it is only showing these 3 contacts no matter what even if I add a new contact it won't show up all the contacts are on my sim card.

I have no idea how to fix this.

?I believe that you need to see if your phone is compatible with the car. My phone is a Samsung galaxy S2 and it is not compatible. My significant other has a Samsung Note 2 and all her contacts could be copied to the car.

I find the phone part of the car works best if I know the number and just use the voice dial. System is not real smart and I find you concentrate too much on trying to use the phone rather than the task at hand of actually driving the car. What is wrong with a few buttons on the steering wheel. I do find the allocated time to speak the number too short and the car makes many mistakes working out numbers from what you say. Usually we have to speak at least 10 digits now and if any is not deciphered you have to try again.

I do feel that if the car companies can't come up with a standardized system that works, that legislators will end up banning hands free systems. We the consumers continue to be beta testers of endless trials of poorly designed systems that continue to be installed in cars with likely no upgrade path apart from replacement and trying another.

Luckily I do not rely on making calls from my PHEV very often.

Do you have a compatibility list of phones that work with this system.

The phone im trying to use is a Galaxy S3 +

gwatpe said:
?I believe that you need to see if your phone is compatible with the car. My phone is a Samsung galaxy S2 and it is not compatible. My significant other has a Samsung Note 2 and all her contacts could be copied to the car.

I find the phone part of the car works best if I know the number and just use the voice dial. System is not real smart and I find you concentrate too much on trying to use the phone rather than the task at hand of actually driving the car. What is wrong with a few buttons on the steering wheel. I do find the allocated time to speak the number too short and the car makes many mistakes working out numbers from what you say. Usually we have to speak at least 10 digits now and if any is not deciphered you have to try again.

I do feel that if the car companies can't come up with a standardized system that works, that legislators will end up banning hands free systems. We the consumers continue to be beta testers of endless trials of poorly designed systems that continue to be installed in cars with likely no upgrade path apart from replacement and trying another.

Luckily I do not rely on making calls from my PHEV very often.

Must be the accent, cobber! I find that it is very accurate with RP English! :)

Back