Bong when braking

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristian

I was towing for first time yesterday, and most of the times I braked the car emitted a low bong warning sound, no warning light. Any explanations?

"A warning sound" as purposely? Done 2000+ miles of towing (1500 kg c/van), but never had that.

Is it only when applying mechanical the breaks or also in Bx regen breaking? Perhaps you should ask somebody to check the functioning of the break lights on the car and c/van while stationary (if you haven't done so already).

If you were braking, were you approaching a tight bend? The satnav emits a "bong" as you approach bends.

We get the random "bong" as well, cannot relate it to anything at all!

I'm going to have to look for that value too.

Three times now, I've heard the phantom "bong" with no message displayed anywhere.

On the most recent occasion, the satnav stopped talking to me after the "bong", it still showed directions etc on screen, but no more voice prompts.

Very weird.

The acompanying visual sign is a very small yellow "windy roads" sign in the top right corner of your map screen.

It's quite small and will be overseen by most drivers... :(

2ldufs.png

Aha!

Yes, if it is the same size as most of the icons on the map screen, there's no way I'd see it.

I've found the menu item "curve guidance" and turned that off.

If I don't hear another "bong" then that will be sufficient confirmation for me.

Thanks Kim!

Andy

I have also experienced this mysterious bong. No indications at all as to any issues, car feels fine, just a random bong.

Based on the tone of the bong, it sounds more informational than warning (compared to the LDW beep) - but no visual aid as to what it is.

weird

Back