cable

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ado

Dear all

I'd need an advise on the cable to buy for my outlander phew. the car has the charging cable but missing the one you can use on public chargers.
the issue that the local dealer (luxembourg) just said that I don't need this cable because all charging site have their own cable...
unfortunately this is wrong so I'm looking on the net to buy one.

I found the one below. is it a good price? or do have a recommended site from were to buy this cable?
http://www.e-station-store.com/fr/cables-de-recharge-type-1/23-type-1-to-type-2-16a-230v.html#/cable_length-6_m

thank you in advanced for your help
Alessandro

After VAT and Exchange this is 225 Euros for a 5 metre cable,though don't know what shipping would be.

https://evconnectors.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=j1772&product_id=122

I think 260 euros is a tad steep, not as bad as some i've seen.

yes, in Germany for example you must calculate around 300 Euros for a 5 or 6 m cable with 20A or 32A Coding.
a dealer known to me is acutal selling a cable with 32A Coding and 8 m length for 320 Euro + shipping (incl. German VAT)

ado said:
Thank you for your hints.
16a or 32a?

whats your question? why a difference between 16 or 32A?
here in germany are some chargepoints, which do not operate with cables that are coded with 16A or 20A.
nevertheless, the outlander will only take up to max. 3.7kw (16A @ 240 Volt) which results in a 3,5h charging time.

I went for the evconnetors 16A cable... 211€ with postage.

P1260330.jpg

Fbitc said:
...the outlander will only take up to max. 3.7kw (16A @ 240 Volt) which results in a 3,5h charging time.
Correction, 3.3kW which results in a maximum of 14.5 Amp on the cable, just like the i-MiEV, C0 an iON.
My wallbox charger measures those values on a display.

Back