Car broken in to, cant lock the doors.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmanubenny

So last night around 3am our 2015 outlander phev got broken in to via somebody using a machine to grab the key's unlocking code remotely. They stole nothing besides some ray bans, however we cant lock the car now with the key, only unlock it. It also doesnt also auto lock anymore after 10 or so minutes, and on top of that the mirrors dont fold in when locked. Any ideas on how this can be fixed.

Hmm - I don't see how grabbing the key signature would effect anything else. This sounds more like an old fashioned forced entry which has damaged the door lock. :idea:

I don't think they grab the key's unlocking code remotely.
Due to your description, they hacked into your ETACS and by this, the changed the coding (maybe by accident).

Mitch said:
I don't think they grab the key's unlocking code remotely.
Due to your description, they hacked into your ETACS and by this, the changed the coding (maybe by accident).

Wirelessly, whilst the car systems are powered down? And all just to steal sunglasses?

Both WiFi and ETACS will still be active with the car powered down. Otherwise it would be impossible to operate the App and have the timers function.

Back