Car unlocked this morning

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolarBoy

Had a lovely day out yesterday, 99% EV, charged up as usual on my driveway on returning.

I normally unplug the electric lead overnight once charged, but as went to bed early forgot to do so.

In last night's storm:

1 - The charging flap must have been doing the Timewarp (again) in the wind.
2 - The driver's wing mirrors were in the 'open position' and the car was unlocked.

The car was most definitely locked when I went to bed.

In the off-chance that the keyfob was accidentally pressed when putting the keys away I have re-autolock activated and it works.

I live in a quiet part of a suburban town.

Nothing is missing from the car ... what's going on? :shock:

jthspace said:
Mulder and Scully are on their way to you. They failed to find out why my aux battery went flat though.

Jeff

:lol:

Well I hope they sort your AUX flat battery and then fix my mystery unlocking.

I know I locked it as I opened the charge flap, plugged in, then locked. Family visited in the evening, on their way out I double checked and the wing mirrors were still folder.

... now about the mystery beeps and bongs ...

Hmm...

Have a look at my recent post here: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2412

It's possible that you've been victim to that attack...

However, with nothing missing from the vehicle... seems unlikely, unless they were disturbed, or were looking for something specific, like money.

Andy

This has happened to me twice in the first week of ownership! Both times were when the charging cable were left in overnight. Very disconcerting when you wake up to an unlocked vehicle I must say - the mystery deepens!

I think mine has unlocked itself while charging too.

I was 100% certain that I'd locked the car after putting it on charge.

Same circumstances, left it on charge (in the garage) overnight and found it unlocked in the morning.

Only happened once so far.

I'm keeping the fobs in a tin box, so there's no chance that I've unlocked it by mistake.

(Note the car auto locks if I unlock it, then don't open a door within 60 seconds)

I've been caught by this.

Went out, unlocked the car, started faffing around with the cable etc. and when I got to the boot, it locked just before I was about to unlock it. (quite disconcerting)

jaapv said:
SolarBoy said:
Tipper said:
My car doesn't mysteriously unlock itself....my wife mysteriously forgets to lock it! :roll:

I can't blame my wife for this, I'm not letting her behind the wheel till she's read all of the manual!
Compliant lassie, is she?

I told her it was company policy. And that there will be a written test at the end. On a plus she gets a new kitchen out of the deal so we are both happy ...

For folks whose cars mysteriously unlocked themselves, by any chance was your vehicles plugged in?

Yes, exactly the same.

Vehicle plugged in for overnight charge, unlocked in the morning.

Bear in mind, I've had this car for nearly 12 months now, and this has only happened once.

(i.e one occasion where I'm absolutely certain that I locked the car.)

Andy

Back