Chargemaster unit not working?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pheverish

Plugged in my untethered cable last night, red symbol on the dash flashed a few times, then nothing. Didn't hear the 'click' from the unit when it starts to charge. Reset unit, no fault lights are showing. Plugged in using charger supplied with car, no problem. So do I have a faulty unit or cable?
Does anyone live near the worsley area of Manchester so I can plug my cable into their unit to eliminate that as the fault.
Thanks.

I would have thought that the problem was more likely to be in the charger than in the cable. If you have access to a multimeter with continuity testing, it should be easy enough to test the cable - the wiring is published on the web - see Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_62196) as your starting point...

Thanks for the link.

Turns out that the cable was at fault.
There is a micro-switch as part of the latch mechanism inside the connector that plugs into the car.
Somehow, it had become too sensitive and didn't recognise that the connector had been attached to the car.
I took the cover off, just re-formed (bent) the metal strip on the micro-switch slightly to make it less sensitive - works perfectly fine now.

Bit disconcerting that a £190 cable can go faulty over such a small thing.

Back