Charging cables

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hypermiler said:
Hi
Yes, that looks right. I got mine from nuworldenergy.co.uk as total incl vat and delivery was best at that time (late june). I have now used it too, at an ecotricity site that had a normal (non-chademo) charger - at their Green Britain Centre in Norfolk - and got an almost full charge in 3 hours.
Cheers
H

Would you recommend that cable, based on your experience mate? @ £165 delivered, it the best priced 32A 5m cable I've seen

Thanks

David

Sure, I would recommend it - it has the right sockets on each end, a lead in between and it transferred power from a to b :lol: but seriously, yes, I think it is fine. Cable fairly solid, small holes on trigger piece where you could put a suitcase-style padlock to stop it being taken out of your car (perhaps they all have one). Only used it once mind so can't comment on longevity.
Cheers
H

That's a good find! I'm looking for a 16amp cable and at $135 including delivery, that's about £40 cheaper than the UK.

What's the advantage of 32 amp cables as I thought the PHEV could only use up to 16amp?

Looking at getting the evconectors one as well as it has the option to lock the trigger, but have been shopping around and have also seen them with an LED in the end acting as a torch as well as the lock out. A little more money but a handy feature!

Sharky, when you say "lock the trigger", do you mean with a padlock or something? I can see that would be useful in some places, but as far as I can see the EV Connectors cable doesn't have anywhere to attach a padlock. If you just mean latch it into place in the socket I think they all do that, mine certainly does.

Re locking the trigger - mine has a pair of little holes where you could put a suitcase size padlock which stops someone squeezing the trigger and taking it out of your cars charging socket. Torch sounds good, but could just use your phone perhaps?
H

Oh I see. Mine definitely doesn't have that. The trigger is a waterproofed orange rubber button.

Fortune7 said:
Hypermiler said:
Torch sounds good, but could just use your phone perhaps?
H

Isn't there a light in the charging socket area?

Cheers, Andy

Hi,

Yes, there is a light. However, I still like the idea of a LED light in the end of the charging cable :)

Kind regards,
Mark

I'm selling our type 1 to type 2 cable now if anybody is interested - used half a dozen times.

32A
5 metres long

£70 buyer to collect

Back