Cockpit ergonomics

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vince31

I love my new 2016 GX4HS, but have noticed that the design of the cockpit layout is not the best and seems to have missed the drivers need to operate the cars switches effectively and safely.
For instance, on my RHD version, its almost impossible to see or read the text or icons on a lot of the switches and controls on the right hand side as they are all grouped or stacked in front of each other. The wiper stalk switches and associated text are hidden from view by the steering wheel cruise control cluster, then there are three further switches on the dash directly behind the wiper stalk which cant be seen either. Then theres the 4 switches much lower down on the right hand side which are impossible to read or see when driving, whilst there are 4 blank unused switch positions in direct view on the left hand side?

Vince31 said:
I love my new 2016 GX4HS, but have noticed that the design of the cockpit layout is not the best and seems to have missed the drivers need to operate the cars switches effectively and safely.
For instance, on my RHD version, its almost impossible to see or read the text or icons on a lot of the switches and controls on the right hand side as they are all grouped or stacked in front of each other. The wiper stalk switches and associated text are hidden from view by the steering wheel cruise control cluster, then there are three further switches on the dash directly behind the wiper stalk which cant be seen either. Then theres the 4 switches much lower down on the right hand side which are impossible to read or see when driving, whilst there are 4 blank unused switch positions in direct view on the left hand side?

There are several topics on the forum where people have moved the buttons into a better position, but if you give it a week or two, you will get used to the positions (without looking) and it may save you a lot of grief - plus saving a potential problem on your warranty! :roll:

Back