Cold weather heating on GX3h

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todgefast

Having test driven a GX4h I am tempted to save a lot of money and go for the lower spec GX3h. My main reservation is that during colder weather, without the electric heater, the engine is going to be running frequently to supply heated coolant for the heater matrix. Does anyone have any experience with a non-electric heater equipped PHEV during the winter months?

My current e46 BMW 330d, has an electric coolant heater and pump but what is interesting is that when the car is up to temperature, I could sit with the engine off for nearly an hour with the electric pump circulating the coolant and warm air coming out of the vents.

I am hoping that the PHEV would be similar in that the electric coolant pump will continue to circulate with the engine warm, but switched off.

Any thoughts welcome!

Cheers,
Todge

The main complaint here is that the car will run too long on the ICE in cold weather to supply heat. The additional electric heater will mitigate that situation, but it will work in conjunction with the hot water system , especially on the first few kilometres. Using the timer to preheat the car electrically will shorten the time that the ICE runs still more

Back