Couple of weird ones...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webbo73

Had the car since Sept and still love it, but recently I've noticed that I've lost my Radio 5 preset on the DAB radio (and it does not appear in the station list to re-add (despite doing a rescan / update). I have no issues finding this station on any other DAB device and am within eye sight of the local transmitter so cannot believe this is s signal issue.

Also, of late, often when I set off with the key in its holder, the car reports "no key found" type message. The car is still usable and if you press on the unlock button on the key fob, the message goes away. I'm guessing it could be the battery power reducing, but weirdly I've never had this issue with the key in my pocket, only when I put it in it's holder under the dash.

Anyone else had these issues... and got a fix more importantly!

Hi

The first of these has been mentioned before...see http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=549

Not sure about the second - I never put the key in its holder!

jdsx said:
Hi

The first of these has been mentioned before...see http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=549

Thanks JDSX - I was in that thread a few times but didn't see the last reply which I will try tonight!

I have had the same issues as everyone else. If you use the round knob at the top right corner of the radio you can turn that to select the channels you want even if they don't show up in your scanned list. I.e turn clockwise from Radio 4 and you get 5Live, 6Music (which must be the best channel available at the moment if you like new music) Radio 1 extra etc.

webbo73 said:
jdsx said:
Hi

Thanks JDSX - I was in that thread a few times but didn't see the last reply which I will try tonight!

I have had the same issues as everyone else. If you use the round knob at the top right corner of the radio you can turn that to select the channels you want even if they don't show up in your scanned list. I.e turn clockwise from Radio 4 and you get 5Live, 6Music (which must be the best channel available at the moment if you like new music) Radio 1 extra etc.

Yes I only realised you'd contributed to that thread once I'd posted the link :oops:
I'm happy to report that the solution does seem to work - at least for me - thanks SMB :mrgreen:

When I got my PHEV the dealer explained to me that the keyholder is for an emergency when the key is not detected in the pocket.
The procedure was to take the metal key out of the casing and then place it in de hole under the dashboard.

Back