Deregistering a mobile phone but no longer have the phone

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lg1726

My iPhone 5 was registered with the PHEV remote control and it was all working fine, but then the phone upped and died and was replaced with a new shiny iPhone 6s. Problem is that I can't use the previous phone to access the remote control to deregister it as I had to send it back to get the new one and I can't seem to be able to put my new phone on the system until I delete the previous one as I am at the maximum of 2 devices (my partner's was registered as well, but her phone screen is broken beyond repair and she is in the process of getting a replacement as well). I also can't find anything in the car system to assist with this either. Does anyone out there know if I'm just missing something and if so, what it is!?

there is a way of completely resetting the MMCS to delete all phone associations - it is documented somewhere on the Mitsubishi web site - I had to use it myself. If I can find it, I will post the link

Yer tiz!
Rather you than me!!
I'm going to let the dealer mess it up!
mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

Carnut said:
Yer tiz!
Rather you than me!!
I'm going to let the dealer mess it up!
mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

Well that did the trick! Followed the instructions, took a couple of shots at it, but it was third time lucky and I managed to deregister all existing phones from the system. Have now registered my new iPhone 6, without any problems and a full vehicle software update completed! So we know there is a way to do it!

Back