Disabling parking sensors

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craze1234

Does anyone have dealer installed parking sensors on a 2018 model and know how to permanently disable it? I have a defective sensor the dealer won't fix because they detect nothing wrong with it so I just want out.

Is there a fuse I can pull or module to disconnect? Again, asked dealer to do it and they wouldn't/couldn't. Thank you.

I hate the parking sensor system. Everytime I want to go on a bike ride and hook up the bike rack onto the back of the car it feels like a bucking bronco when backing up. I know you can disable it, but it comes back when you start the car again.
Other than that I love the car. BUT I HATE THIS!
Anyone have any suggestions?

If you fit a 'trailer socket' on the back of the car, you can get one that disables the rear parking sensors every time the socket lid is lifted.

To make that work, you could plug in a dummy plug, every time you hang the bikes on the back of the car.

I tow a kayak trailer and regret not getting that kind of socket.

Yes, but every time you switch from R to D the button turns off again.

If you're backing and filling a trailer, or as per the original poster, hauling bikes on a carrier, this becomes very annoying, very quickly.

Yes, but every time you switch from R to D the button turns off again.

If you're backing and filling a trailer, or as per the original poster, hauling bikes on a carrier, this becomes very annoying, very quickly.
Once mine is pressed, they stay silent until the next time the vehicle is started, not the next time R is engaged.

Back