DRL Relay replacement?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NS633

As you all know,I've posted a topic regarding my drl brightness problem.
So I want to know some information of your vehicles DRL LED's.
Is it true that you and I have the same LED panel on the front light?(though my light is not bright)
I've read the online manual and saw this sub-heading.....

STEP 1. M.U.T.-III diagnosis code.

When the ignition switch is turned to the "LOCK" (OFF) position, check that the ETACS-ECU does not set the diagnosis code.
Q. Is the diagnosis code set?

Refer to ETACS.

Go to Step 2.

STEP 2. M.U.T.-III data list

Check the input signals below, which are related to the daytime running lamp function.

Turn the ignition switch to the "ON" position.
Item No.
Item name
Normal condition
Item 254
IG voltage
System voltage
OK: Normal condition is displayed.
Q. Is the check result normal?

Go to Step 3.

Refer to inspection procedure 2 "The ignition switch (IG1) signal is not received ."

STEP 3. Check the daytime running lamp relay

Go to Step 4.

Replace the daytime running lamp relay.

STEP 4. Voltage measurement at daytime running lamp relay connector (power supply terminals).

(1)Remove the daytime running lamp relay, and measure at the relay box side.
(2)Check the voltage between the daytime running lamp relay connector (power supply terminals) and body earth.
OK: System voltage

Go to Step 6.

Go to Step 5.

STEP 5. Check of open circuit in power supply lines between the daytime running lamp relay connector and fusible link.

Go to Step 7.

Repair the connector(s) or wiring harness.

STEP 6. Check of open circuit in IDRL line between the daytime running lamp relay connector and ETACS-ECU connector.

Go to Step 7.

Repair the connector(s) or wiring harness.

STEP 7. Retest the system.

Check that the daytime running lamp function works normally.

The trouble can be an intermittent malfunction (Refer to GROUP 00 - How to use Troubleshooting/inspection Service Points - How to Cope with Intermittent Malfunction ).

Replace the ETACS-ECU.

What If I replace or fix a new DRL relay?
Which you all have already fixed.
The main point is,that you and I should have the same LED panel as the DRL,and the only difference should be the power supply to my DRL.....
Please let me know,how to check the DRL LED panel model,and the voltage usage for my vehicle.
Thanks in advance.

And this is for your information,
You can see my parking lights ON in the picture that I've attached in my mobile signature.
That's the brightest level of my LED panel which I can get only by switching the lights onto parking lights mode.

This may be one-off the differences between your Japanese Home Market car and ours. DRL's aren't a requirement in Japan, so even if you change the module, your car may not support the function you seek.

Good luck

Steel188 said:
This may be one-off the differences between your Japanese Home Market car and ours. DRL's aren't a requirement in Japan, so even if you change the module, your car may not support the function you seek.

Good luck

What about the LED Drl models?
Is it the same which you and I have?

20160826_152415_zpsefy5wljz.jpg

This is a picture of my fuse box.
See any difference,when comparing with yours?

Can someone post a picture of your fuse box?
If you have working DRL'S please?

Back