Eco AC here and there?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristian

Supposedly the Eco button reduces AC power, but there is also an eco mode option in the settings of the MMCS. Does anybody know how these relates?

1) Does setting Eco in MMCS mean Eco is always on and that the Eco botton does not influence AC power
2) Is the MMCS Eco setting permissive, that is it must be ON for the Eco button to have an effect on AC at all?
3) None of the above

Also either of these settings does it only influence cooling power or also heating?

Strangely enough the EV range calculation is only influenced by cooling on or off (snowflake), not heating.

It seems nobody knew the answer to my question. So I did an experiment.

CONCLUSION:The ECO vs. COMFORT setting in the SETTINGS/VEHICLE/AC menu is permissive. That is:

In ECO mode the green ECO button will attenuate the AC, in COMFORT mode the ECO button has no effect on AC.
The ECO setting in itself has no effect unless the ECO button is pushed (ECO mode indicated on the dash).

The experiment was done by selecting AUTO and 17 degr. the outside temp was around 20 degr, the car considerably hotter. The AC was hard working. I then pushed the green ECO button and heard less noise form the fan and read less energy consumption on the INFO page. When the COMFORT setting was selected the ECO button had no effect on AC sound or energy consumption.

I guess most people will be best off by having the ECO setting on.

Back