Engine cutting in frequently when temperature is below +10C

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gentle reminder ;) :
anko said:
elm70 said:
After few KM drive the level from zero start to gain 1 or two lines on the clock ... still the battery level was looking empty for me
You mean, it felt empty because performance felt limited? Then either this car is not right or it is not right for you.
elm70 said:
Anyhow ... maybe I'm used to cars with Turbo ... which even with limited power do provide a bit of kick and make to feel acceleration more.

I failed to feel any "power" also on a recent test drive on a Mazda RX8 with 192HP ... it was looking "soft" to me ... that's why I did not bouoght it for collecting/fun purpose (BMW 335i is way more fun, with tons of brute power)

About 80HP enough up to 30km/h ... I don't know ... I do feel the difference at this speed on my BMW . before and after tuning .. from 300HP to 400HP ... so ... especially a 4x4 car ... each HP should matter even at low speed.

Anyhow ... maybe it is subjective feeling .. like on Mazda RX8 ... the different noise of absence of noise may do tricks in our brain

PS: About the other topics ... as I said .. I got headacke trying to understand each parallel/serie work of this car ... I only understood that there is no gear (no CVT as well ... unless I missed it on the tech PDF I found on this forum) ... only a wet clutch .. and direct driving both in petrol mode and in electric mode ... unfortunaly ... Tesla without gears can handle well over 200km/h speed on electric power... but on this PEHV electric enginge get useless over 160km/h (and looking of graph it has lot of torque limitation at low speed too, electric motor normally have huge torque at low RPM ... but Mistubishi decided to cut the "edge) .... and only a "slim" 120HP petrol engine is left for push the car .. anyhow ... it is only an issue on German motor way ... else ... over 130/140km/h is forbitten in the rest of europe ... but the time to reach 140km/h matter ... and on this PEHV it is looking as slow as on my dacia
If you plan to keep comparing it to Tesla's and high performance cars, do yourself a favour and don't buy it.

:lol: :lol: (just fooling around)

anko said:
elm70 said:
... so ... I'm still thinking this car is not really suit for my normal heavy foot on gas ...
Gentle reminder ;) :
anko said:
elm70 said:
After few KM drive the level from zero start to gain 1 or two lines on the clock ... still the battery level was looking empty for me
You mean, it felt empty because performance felt limited? Then either this car is not right or it is not right for you.
elm70 said:
If you plan to keep comparing it to Tesla's and high performance cars, do yourself a favour and don't buy it.

;)

I think I wrote it already ... I did "try" to not buying this car .. but I got "trapped" into the deal

Lady Boss, was working hard for arrange this deal ... and at the end I got a very (realy very) good price for this 2nd hand PHEV

Anyhow ... I need to reshape my "driving status" ... I'm not anymore a cheap fast guy on Dacia (not so much fast anyhow, that's way I have a BMW 335i tuned & cabrio only for have "fun") ... but now I'm a green grandpa on PHEV ... doesn't metter if here in Poland electricity is produced by borning coal :mrgreen:

BTW ... this car is smart ... that's why I got interested on it ... still it could have been done "smarter"

Haha, you did!

I recognise lots of what you wrote (except for the 'Lady Boss' part). As a matter of fact, I did not change my driving style myself. The car did that for me. You become so much more aware, while looking at the various dials. Instead of cruising at 140 - 150 km/h (which was quite common for me) nowadays I set my CC to 100 km/h and I am quite happy with that. Cheaper, safer, more relaxed. And laughing about all the 'idiots' trying to beat traffic on the left lane :)

Cruising at 100km/h on motorway ... never :shock:

Normally I make from 500 to 1200km trips .. the few time a year that I need to move ... and for this ammount of km .. make 100 or 120 or 150km/h make a big difference in time for me.

Driving on motorway require high attention ... that for me is same if I drive at 100 or 150km/h ... so the short is the trip, and less stress it is for me

Back