EV Battery report from Mitsubishi.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
greendwarf said:
Trex said:
Anyhow good to see some of you well known people here.

And last but not least Mr greendwarf Sir. How are you?

I do not know what to say about your problems getting the report off Mitsi. I had no trouble. :? Maybe go higher up the chain of command?

Happy New Year, Trex - missing the Aussie sunshine, at this time of year in the UK, and jealous of my granddaughter, currently in Perth :cool: Regarding the lack of printout from my dealer is down to the poor customer service from them generally in London - and little choice. :roll:

Thanks. Happy New Year to you too. :D

A bit cold there now heh? We have had some heat wave warnings (which we occasionally get nearly every year) here lately and I am looking forward to a little bit cooler weather. :lol: Perth can get bloody hot too at this time of the year. Is she handling the heat ok? ACs are godsend. :lol: I wonder how we ever survived without them. But we did. :cool:

Yes dealers can make a big difference in the quality of ownership of cars but I cannot complain about mine.

Hang in there or good luck with yours.

Regards Trex.

A single cell could not be replaced. If I remember well, Mitsubishi will only change one module (=8 cells). At a more reasonable cost than for the whole battery ;)

Grigou said:
A single cell could not be replaced.

While Mitsubishi may choose to only replace whole modules, I know of 2 iMiEV owners who have successfully changed 1 or 2 faulty cells in their batteries (iMiEV is LEV50 instead of PHEV's LEV40N).
So there is no reason I can think of that the same can't be done with a PHEV.

Change a module is better then change a cell, if this is done under warranty
Else, should not be so hard to change one single cell
I'm sure using the lev50 instead of lev40 is not an issue too
Anybody has an idea how much is one single lev50?

elm70 said:
I'm sure using the lev50 instead of lev40 is not an issue too

I did not mean that they can be substituted. I would imagine that might not work (or would overwork the cell balancing) due to the different capacities etc?

zzcoopej said:
Grigou said:
A single cell could not be replaced.

While Mitsubishi may choose to only replace whole modules, I know of 2 iMiEV owners who have successfully changed 1 or 2 faulty cells in their batteries (iMiEV is LEV50 instead of PHEV's LEV40N).
So there is no reason I can think of that the same can't be done with a PHEV.

O yes of course, I know that just one cell can physically be replaced, but Mitsi doesn't do that (at least in Europe).

Back