Ev service required

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srquinn

I have just arrived home after a 200mile journey at motorway speeds. About 20miles from home, I had the ev service required message pop up, the car appears to drive normally and the message clears when the ignition is turned off, but reappeared when I was over about 45mph for a few mins. I've tried my odb2 scanner, but it returns zero codes. I had a nail in 1 tyre on the way home and had a low pressure warning, but as I was on the motorway, I continued as the tyre was only a few pounds down, and I'd rather avoid if possible using the dreaded foam. With the tyre up to full pressure, I still get the message appearing, but I'm struggling to find anything with the lack of error codes. Does anyone have any idea for a way forward?

Unfortunately most of the error codes from the PHEV system itself don't appear on a regular ODB2 scanner. You will have to use a MUT-III to find the actual error.

It could have been just an error related to the difference in tires active diameter cause of low pressure.

Back