Government grant and March delivery?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobblydeb

Does anyone else know how this might work?

With a current delivery date of late January, we think it makes sense to wait until March and get the latest plate on our new PHEV. But as it currently stands the £5,000 grant ends in February 2016.

Does the grant apply to registration date, or when the order and deposit is taken?

Thank you :)

I don't know the answer for sure but the process is that once the dealer has a delivery date they have to fill in a form, part of which is a questionnaire that you answer and they then apply for the grant, so I'm guessing that the grant application goes in sometime after that.

Easy answer is probably to ask your dealer.

On a side note, How do you have the patience to make the wait even longer!!?? I was desperate to get into my new car and was far less bothered about the number on the registration plate...unless you can get hold of something like MY16 PHV, which would be pretty cool.
Also, isn't there a risk that you could quite literally "miss the boat(load)" and any delay in future shipments could push the date out even further?

This is the latest I can find on the official notices.

Manufacturers who submit claims for vehicles to the plug-in car grant portal before the end of February 2016 will be entitled to claim under the current grant levels, provided that the vehicle is registered within nine months. The grant currently provides 35% off the cost of a car, up to a maximum of £5,000.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/plug-in-car-grant/plug-in-car-grant-eligibility-guidance

It looks like everyone is getting impatient waiting for the announcement of next year's grant rules.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet-industry-news/2015/11/26/no-detail-on-plug-in-grant-as-chancellor-allocates-ulev-cash

ian4x4: Next year's rules have been announced ....... the grant is dropping to £2.5k for the Outlander PHEV. Hence my keen interest! :D

DazzyB:
tell me about it! I wouldn't have waited, but have got a very patient other half. Plus it gives us a chance to sell our existing cars privately and get as much as possible.

Back