GS Yuasa drive battery in the PHEV. Lets discuss.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Esparza said:
The phev has not LEV50, the cells are thinner. Less layers less capacity.

Thanks for the photos Esparza.

I know they aren't ideal for measurement purposes, but I get roughly a cell width 20% of the length on the top image, and using the centreline for the bottom image I get a width 25% of the length. Scaling on the assumption the threads are the same size the lengths line up pretty well too, so I would guess 35mm width and 171mm length (LEV50 is about 44x171) and around 1.4kg.

Esparza said:
If from a frien, i dont know if its LEV50 or LEV50N but its from a i-Miev.

ScottyDont that its true, but the I-miev has an output power of 60kW, same that the phev in EV mode so in this case that is not a desing factor.

That's a good point, I thought the i-Miev was lower power. The PHEV is pushing the cells harder if the pack is only 12kWh compared to the i-Mievs 16kWh.

Following this discussion for a while now with great interest. So what is the outcome so far, do we have LEV50 or special made LEV40 (without any datasheet so far)?

As for the bigger question: do you believe there is a difference in cell chemistry between the two or can we assume they are the same, just smaller/bigger brother of the other? Is 4.1V the max voltage these cells will have or, to ask more precisely: do you believe the 4.1V we're seeing in the PHEV equals to 100% SOC?

Happy discussing.
Thanks guys!

Bert said:
Following this discussion for a while now with great interest. So what is the outcome so far, do we have LEV50 or special made LEV40 (without any datasheet so far)?

As for the bigger question: do you believe there is a difference in cell chemistry between the two or can we assume they are the same, just smaller/bigger brother of the other? Is 4.1V the max voltage these cells will have or, to ask more precisely: do you believe the 4.1V we're seeing in the PHEV equals to 100% SOC?

Happy discussing.
Thanks guys!

I believe we have LEV40 in our PHEV ... or better .. more recent PHEV should have LEV40N .. the improved battery from GS Yuasa

Yes, I'm quite sure we have 40Ah battery in our PHEV

And yes. 4.1v is the max designed voltage which is more or less 100% SOC (actually on mine 100% is looking 4.095v)

Back