GX4h Arm Rests

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePHEV

I have had a test drive on a GH4h and loved it enough to order one :shock:

I have one annoying niggle - Why don't they have arm rests on the front seats?

Cost.
Apart from basics, not a great deal of "making it your own".4hs I white. Have protection pack(full), rubber mats(live in a village) and dog guard
Mine was top spec at time, 5hs running boards, name across front and RED black upholstery. Would have loved heated steering wheel, now standard as we had on freelander hslux

StevePHEV said:

One arm on the centre console - one on the door panel with your hand at two o clock on the steering wheel - 200 miles in ACC - what's not to like? :D

StevePHEV said:

One arm on the centre console - one on the door panel with your hand at two o clock on the steering wheel - 200 miles in ACC - what's not to like? :D

What kind of arm rest is the OP referring to?

As has been said, the arm-rest on the centre console, and the door is pretty standard across all cars these days, I would think

I have come from a Discovery, and they have this type..

lr005213.jpg

I had a Freelander in a past life which had central armrests for the driver and front passenger and a sort of 'build in' armrest in the door panels. However, it seems to me that the PHEV is a bit narrower than the Freelander, which is certainly no wider than the Discovery.

It would be tricky to make that kind of armrest work with the lift-up lid on the storage bin. For me, the lid itself works OK as an armrest, could just do with being a little bit higher.

In my experience armrests are very comfortable for the passenger, but interfere with turning the steering wheel for the driver. A central armrest is preferable imo. But it should slide forward, like Ford and Jaguar have.

DazzyB said:
It would be tricky to make that kind of armrest work with the lift-up lid on the storage bin.
Or the non-lift up lid if you have the rear seats folded! Bad bit of non-design on Mitsu's part.

Back