Has anyone fitted led bulbs to the DRL's?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHS

I wondered if anyone has fitted led P13W bulbs to the DRL's? I've fitted led side light bulbs recently. Again they would use a little less power than standard bulbs. Also they would look whiter, and less like fog lights.

MHS said:
I've now read all 9 pages, and reckon the easiest way mentioned is to ream the fitting, allowing most led bulbs to be fitted. Will order some bulbs and try it.

Yes, if I'd been bolder, that's the way I would have done it. I Dremelled and filed the bulb down, it worked OK, bit fiddly. The only drawback I can see in reaming the housing out is that the reflector plating will be removed at the bulb entry. Could that be a problem, do you think?

Regulo said:
MHS said:
I've now read all 9 pages, and reckon the easiest way mentioned is to ream the fitting, allowing most led bulbs to be fitted. Will order some bulbs and try it.

Yes, if I'd been bolder, that's the way I would have done it. I Dremelled and filed the bulb down, it worked OK, bit fiddly. The only drawback I can see in reaming the housing out is that the reflector plating will be removed at the bulb entry. Could that be a problem, do you think?

Shouldn't be a problem if some lacquer is painted onto the machined part to stop any corrosion taking hold. You cannot see any of the machining (or lacquer ) from the outside so it won't look any different

Regulo said:
MHS said:

I've now ordered the led bulbs, and will look at the fitting, once they've arrived from deepest, darkest ( that's very current with the launch of the Paddington film ) China, via Ebay.

From the link you kindly sent, some people have bought the Mitsubishi led DRL's at £200+ vs £6 plus a little elbow grease. I know which I will try first.

Regulo said:
MHS said:

Depends what the reflector is made from I guess. Can't imagine it's steel surely so shouldn't be any rust issues. In fact I'd have thought it would be either pressed aluminium or plastic of some sort. Don't think there's any need to worry from a performance degradation point of view as they are only there to help you get seen, not to help you see.

Back