Hello! Stopped lurking and registered.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrflibble

Hi.

Been looking for a while and decided to register now that I have taken the plunge and put my quote forward for a PHEV on the NHS lease scheme.

I came across the PHEV quite by accident when looking into family sized cars to replace our s-max as the lease is up in July. The quotes looked a good deal so I started researching. Came across some really good reviews on YouTube and of course this very forum.

My milage pattern won't exactly suit the PHEV as I tend to do about 18,000 a year. Typically starting the day with a school run (rural) of six miles then a further 14 on to work. No way to charge at work. from there I may do as many as another 80 miles or as little as no more depending on what ever the day holds. I currently get about 40mpg from the smax (diesel of course) so if I can get near that with the PHEV I'll be happy enough as I can claim back milage at standard NHS rates.

Thanks for reading.

Kelvin.

I think you should easily get 40 mpg if you manage at least one full charge per day. I manage 37-38 mpg on petrol only, mixed round town and motorway.
I have done 7500 miles in 7 months of ownership and my cumulative mpg is 62, this includes adding back in the petrol equivalent of the charge cost read from the vehicle.
So far the car has been perfect and exceeded my expectations.

Thanks jayfdee for the info. Hopefully I am making the right choice in the PHEV. The more I research it the better it looks.

I plan to charge daily overnight. Was wondering if a swap to economy 7 would work for me and found a tariff where the day rate is a little less than my current single rate so should be a good move. Typical of my luck that the subsidy for home charging points has now changed. I wonder how many on here just use the 3 pin plug?

Looking forward to July when I am due to swap lease cars.

:)

mrflibble said:
I wonder how many on here just use the 3 pin plug
I only use the 3 pin domestic plug. Couldn't get a dedicated supply for free and wasn't prepared to pay a silly amount for one (that buys a lot of petrol). I charge at the end of the day and that sees me through. The extra couple of hours hasn't had an impact on my usage and I can't see any need to fork out several hundred pounds for a cable to charge on the go, thinking the time:miles ratio doesn't justify it (for me).

I just use the 3 pin plug at home as I have a convenient socket under cover in an external meter cupboard in the car port. I also only charge over night during the week so the extra time doesn't matter. However, on the EDF 20:20 tariff, I also get the off-peak rate at weekends so I can charge during the day then, if necessary.

I also only use a 3 pin plug. I have an external socket & connect the charger to that. I charge overnight on economy 7 so the extra time isn't a problem.

I tried to get a charging point fitted, as it was free, but they wouldn't do it as they couldn't get a mobile signal on O2.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I will be using the 3 pin plug to charge. We have precious little mobile reception here on any network being out in the sticks. Semaphore is more reliable here!

On a positive note, the paperwork has been processed and the order has been passed to the leasing company from NHS fleet solutions.

GX4h in Atlantic grey.

Back