Help! Car disabled following charge

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fortune7

Hi,

In over 2 trouble-free years of ownership I have an issue: Following being on charge the car's unresponsive to any key-fob commands. Fortunately it's unlocked, the tail lights and number plate lights are on dimly, and the 'start' button is lit blue. Pressing it for 3 seconds turns it to orange but no other responses. Pressing again goes back to blue. Can't connect via wifi (it's not broadcasting). I've had no problems with the battery and when I put it on charge today it had around 60% charge.

I thought I'd come here first to see if the assembled 'brains-trust' have any ideas. Bit worried as I can't lock it.......

I'll go and get the user manual now and see if there's any help there!

Cheers, Andy

Edit: just realised I can lock the driver's door manually with key (!) and passenger door is close to wall, so at least it's secure!

Sounds like the auxiliary 12v battery under the boot floor is flat. Did you inadvertently leave the lights on or something else?
You could try charging it with a standard 12v battery charger. It normally charges up from the main traction battery when running or at a certain time every day when you have wifi.

Another thought is to reboot the car's systems by disconnecting the 12v battery and then reconnecting it.

Presumably you still have a warranty? If so call Mitsubishi for assistance.

Thanks, Tipper, I was thinking it might be the aux. battery (from the symptoms) but I have no idea how it became discharged, if indeed it is. I tried attaching my portable starter unit but no joy. How do you disconnect the aux battery? Happy to try that if I can see how to do it.....

The only indication in the car now is the blue light on the start button - permanently on, and now it can't be switched to orange whatever I do with it. Also, the rear lights have gone out.

Yes, I'm inside the 3 year warranty so I'll be calling Mitsubishi tomorrow.

Cheers, Andy

Back