If you're looking for a Type 1 to Type 2 charging cable...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peleep

heh everyone.

Just wanted to say i've just purchased and received a great quality 5meter 32A Type 1 to Type 2 charging cable for USD168 express courier delivery included, to the UK (the break down is USD128 for the cable, and USD40 for express international delivery from China). No other fees paid. From order to receipt of cable: 7 days.

This cable is thick, high quality, and the Type 1 and Type 2 plugs on either end look the business and include covers. The Type 1 end includes a locking mechanism. Can't wait to drive the car down to empty charge so i can try this cable out...it should save an hour or 2 compared to the bog standard Type 1 to UK household plug cable.

http://www.besen-group.com. They are actually wholesale suppliers, however are happy to sell to individual customers. I sent a query to this website. They responded very quickly. (Cathy was my contact). They have 5m standard stock on hand. They can also make-to-order 8m or any length you wish, and also in orange colour if you wish.

There's a carry bag for USD5, which i negotiated to get free of charge as part of the order.

They've indicated that they've never had issues with their cables as they're hand produced and tested before shipping. However would be happy to take return/exchange etc should there be any issues.

Thumbs up, great price compared to two other retailers UK side.

And no, i'm not associated with this company in any way other than just being a very satisfied owner.

All the best.

I have used this company too. Completely satisfied with the quality of the goods and the professionalism of their staff. As above, no connection with them, only as a satisfied customer. Good service deserves a wider audience.

Regulo said:
I have used this company too. Completely satisfied with the quality of the goods and the professionalism of their staff. As above, no connection with them, only as a satisfied customer. Good service deserves a wider audience.

how much did you pay for yours? i'm hoping i haven't been ripped off! lol.

Didn't want the same cable as you, Peleep. I wanted two 5 meter cables with type 1 connectors at one end. Ran out at £170 for the two. Good quality, both cable and connectors.

quick question please for those who used this website, how did you pay them?

I checked out http://www.besen-group.com, and just want to let you guys know that our AV scan found malware and probe virus on their site. I work in an IT house, so it is perhaps not surprising that our security levels are high, but at least be warned...

On another note I am getting the Charge-Amps SPARK cable, 10m, with the Schuko plug. I am having a 16AMP CEE outlet installed on the house, and will connect straight to that to charge in the night, hence I am also getting a CEE/Schuko converter.

My cable arrived today and seems good quality as others have said.
Had to chase tracking info a couple of times via email , but other than that a pain free experience :eek:

Hi all,

just to confirm that this is the Type 1 to Type 2 cable that you guys bought which can be used in most of the outdoor charging point which doesn't come with a charging cable?

http://besen-group.com/product/j1772-to-62196-2-connector-cable-32a-for-electric-vehicle-ev-charging_p2017.html

Thanks...

tun said:
Hi all,

just to confirm that this is the Type 1 to Type 2 cable that you guys bought which can be used in most of the outdoor charging point which doesn't come with a charging cable?

http://besen-group.com/product/j1772-to-62196-2-connector-cable-32a-for-electric-vehicle-ev-charging_p2017.html

Thanks...

yes.

Peleep said:
tun said:
Hi all,

Thanks...

yes.

Thanks!

Hi, is there any advantage in going for the 32A one over the 16A?
I am having my 16A home charge point installed tomorrow, but out on the road would a 32A charge faster at certain points, or can the PHEV only take 16A anyway?
I shall be ordering one of these very soon

From what people say on here, the PHEV will only 'take' 16 amps even if you're hooked to a 32 amp charge point.

The on board computer regulates the intake (I think)....

Some folk have reported problems using a 16A cable on a 32A charger I believe. Or something like that! Wouldn't want you getting trouble with a dodgy cable. Worth doing a search on here.

Regulo said:
Some folk have reported problems using a 16A cable on a 32A charger I believe. Or something like that! Wouldn't want you getting trouble with a dodgy cable. Worth doing a search on here.

Logically I think it might even burn the cable if the whole 32A is transmitting over the 16A cable. :)

Can I ask, has anybody who has actually purchased one of these cables, actually used it yet and can give me a thumbs up/down?
I am looking to purchase one, but do not want to void my car warranty with some issues that may occur with an aftermarket cable.

tun said:
Regulo said:

Logically I think it might even burn the cable if the whole 32A is transmitting over the 16A cable. :)
The charger detects the quality of the cable and tells the car not to take more that what the cable is rated for.

Back