If you're looking for a Type 1 to Type 2 charging cable...

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue said:
Can I ask, has anybody who has actually purchased one of these cables, actually used it yet and can give me a thumbs up/down?
I am looking to purchase one, but do not want to void my car warranty with some issues that may occur with an aftermarket cable.

As per my first post to start this stream. Yes purchased and used. It's fine.

The Oitlander PHEV can only do 16A anyway. Buying 32A future proofs. The electronics of the charging station and car regulate the charging.

Thanks Peleep,
did you have to pay in USD through paypal? also, what was the delivery time? thanks

Hi, Blue,

If I may butt in . . . I paid through PayPal, and they calculate the current exchange rate and bill you in your home currency. Well, that's how mine went through.

I just paid today and also got a free carrying back. Total delivered price is $170 to London

Hi,
Thanks for the info. My new Gx3h arrived yesterday and I'm ordering a cable. How did you contact the company and how quickly did they get back, please? I can't see where I add the cable to the order; just says 'enquire'.
Cheers.

Some info that might be of interest:

- the AC-charger which is on board our PHEV can only process a max. of 3.3kW which is 14.4Amps at 230Volts
- the power source (public point, wallbox or ICCB) limits the current, it is done by communicating to the onboard charger. This com-signal does requests/asks the onboard charger to limit the current he draws from 1 Amp to 64 Amps, depending on the max. capability of the source.
- the link between the source and the onboard charger is the Typ1-Typ2 cable, which of course also has it's specific limits and therefor also needs to communicate his specs to the rest of the chain. That why the cable is "coded" to identify itself as a (for example) 12 Amp, 20 Amp, 32 Amp, etc..... cable. That code is via a resistor in the plugs.

- there might still be some charging points out there with the following (software)-problem:
Some 22Kw outlets were known to neglect any cables coded to less than 32 Amps, regardless even if the charger only would have needed 3kW (13 Amps).
So you needed a 32 Amp cable just to make the source willing to provide any current for your 14.4 Amps car.

I had (and still have in use) a 16 Amp cable that I recoded to a 32 Amp cable to get around that problem.
I just can never sell it to someone else who might accidently use it on a 32 Amp car...(that would melt the cable) ;)

So:
AC charging: the converter, charger and most of the intelligence is in our car. This is why AC charging points are cheap, cause they are only a power source (with a relais, a little com-software and a fancy plug).
DC charging: the converter, charger and most of the intelligence is in the external charging station. These charging stations can cost from 10.000 up to 100.000 USD (CHAdeMo, CCS, Tesla Supercharger)

DavidWolfy said:
Hi,
Thanks for the info. My new Gx3h arrived yesterday and I'm ordering a cable. How did you contact the company and how quickly did they get back, please? I can't see where I add the cable to the order; just says 'enquire'.
Cheers.

Use the enquire function and they will reply with a quote, shipping and a PayPal address if you ask for it.

That said I ordered mine 10 days ago and am still waiting for delivery, they replied to my latest email to say that they won't be able to get any tracking details until mid next week due to their national holidays.

duplo said:
DavidWolfy said:
Hi,
Cheers.

Use the enquire function and they will reply with a quote, shipping and a PayPal address if you ask for it.

That said I ordered mine 10 days ago and am still waiting for delivery, they replied to my latest email to say that they won't be able to get any tracking details until mid next week due to their national holidays.

Thanks, I've ordered one now and they quote eight days. Cheers.

Got a tracking number, mines in Hatfield so will be another few days until I get it

Me too! I've got the cable but they forgot the carrying bag :( Am asking if they can send it to me...

I got an email from Cara at Besen to say they are offering additional discount on their charging leads at the moment.

Duuno how much or whether its worth while but thought I would pass it on.

I got the email too. Just remember to ask them for the free bag... They actually forgotten to send the bag to me claiming that they have overlooked it!! :(

And it's too expensive for them to re-send it. So if you are buying from them, just chase them and remind them on the bag...

Got my cable last Friday (bit earlier than Fedex said, which is good) and it's fine, plus I got the free back. They do have a discount on at the moment as well. Mine is an eight meter 16amp version in orange. Took about 10 days from order to arrival. Have charged the car about three or four times and all fine. I would recommend this company as it is about £70 cheaper than others I have seen.

Back