Interior Button Lights - lack of!!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel188

Took delivery of my car today - very impressed

However............

I took it for a drive this evening to see what the headlamps were like and was very pleasantly suprised, they offer excellent light levels with a good, even coverage - much, much better than my Zafira Tourer.

But, I was amazed to discover that apart from a really very faint glow in the drivers window button, none of the buttons on the door are illuminated, nor is the power socket in front of the gear lever.

Is this really the case, or should I be taking the car to my local dealer to be fixed? After all, if a £10k basic car has all its buttons clearly visible at night, a £35K one must be like that. Surely?

I'd love to hear from you about this

That is really the case. Mitsubishi considers it unwise to open your window in the dark. Nor is anybody but the driver allowed to hang his coat.

You probably should be keeping your eyes on the road while driving and learn to find the door controls by touch!

On the same subject - should the button for the front windscreen heater have an orange light behind it, same as the rest of the buttons on the panel? I'm sure ours did when we got it, and now it doesn't....

I have given these matters some thought and have come to the conclusion that Mitsubishi have concentrated ALL their attention on the PHEV factors to the detriment of the rest of the car (I don't know what is their excuse for the Derv version?)
I also think that the level of attention to detail of the previously mentioned 'bits' are very poor.
1. Only drivers window is one touch.
2. No LED running lights (on my 2015 version-I know , now corrected).
3. Switches not illuminated (I don't buy the excuses above.I know of no other expensive car without illuminated switches).
4. No (that I can find) power socket in the boot.
5. Shortage of coat hooks.
6. Cr@p high beam headlights ( if they are going to have HID low beam WHY scrimp on high beam !! On a car of this price I would expect not only HID but reactive headlights as well).
7. Many of the bulbs seem to be of very odd types. I was going to upgrade brake lights & running lights to LED. but impossible. They both use weird bulbs I have never heard of and for which there is no LED equivalent
Things I DO like.
1. Automatically folding door mirrors on locking and also ability to fold at any speed. (Skoda will not allow mirrors to be folded above NINE MPH. Apparently for Safety ???? reasons.)
2. Brilliant low beam head lights.
3. Loads of leg room back and front.
4. Sun roof.
5. Heated front seats.
6. Being a dog owner THE ELECTRIC BOOT LID!! GREAT!
7. Silent running on EV.

Ollycat said:
On the same subject - should the button for the front windscreen heater have an orange light behind it, same as the rest of the buttons on the panel? I'm sure ours did when we got it, and now it doesn't....

Mine still does.

Carnut said:
Things I DO like.
1. Automatically folding door mirrors on locking and also ability to fold at any speed. (Skoda will not allow mirrors to be folded above NINE MPH. Apparently for Safety ???? reasons.)

You can fold the door mirrors by locking the doors whilst driving or do you mean by leaning out the window by hand? All sounds rather dangerous to me :eek:

The facelifted model has a button to fold/unfold the door mirrors on the driver's armrest (I use it a fair amount on the narrow country lanes where I live). I don't know if this is a change from the earlier model.

Mine was registered 1st march 2015 I am not sure what or when 'Facelift' is (elucidate, someone please).
Mine has armrest button and like Chris Miller I use it a lot on narrow Dorset road and also narrow railway bridges in the Poole area.
Even if you don't have the button (which is very small I must admit-it took me a few days to discover it)I it is better to do it by hand than the expense of a new mirror!! ;)

The facelifted version (MY16) came out late 2015. From your point of view, Carnut, it's big new feature was the ability to display mpg readings up to 999.9 :)

There are cosmetic changes to the body, particularly at the front and Mitsi claim slightly better fuel economy (but we all know how reliable those numbers are :D ).

Thanks Chris, so basically the 2016 model. Does that include the chrome 'TEETH' at the front or is that later again?
Yes --.- MPG is a pain in the R se! Any way the software can be changed to ---.-?

Yes, it comes with the chrome teeth :D

It has the same problem when your actual mpg exceeds 999.9 (yes, it can be done), but if you're regularly exceeding 100 mpg, I can't see you've got much grounds for complaint. ;)

Back