Invisible Parking Sensors

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fazer321

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience of these Parking Sensors:

http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/

They appear to be very neat and do not require any drilling - they stick to the inside of the Bumpers, although it does involve removing the Bumper in order to fit them.

I look forward to any replies.

Thanks very much.

I would guess that these are not compatible with the official ones.

Personaly I would stick to the offical ones since the integration with the screens inside is handy, I like that it shows when you are getting close to a corner etc.

These do work, in a fashion.

Electromagnetic Parking Sensor Technical Operation:

When reverse gear is selected the small control unit generates a magnetic field and transfers this to the transceiver adhesive strip that is placed on the inner side of and runs the length of your bumper.

The magnetic strip then sends out an elliptical magnetic field to cover full the area around your bumper, rear and sides.

Mass is then monitored by the control unit by translating this into a voltage. When an object (i.e. people, kerbs, cars, etc) heavier in mass than the magnetic field enters this elliptical zone, an increase in voltage is detected by the control unit and you are then informed by a series of audible tones how close you are to the object. You can then manoeuvre accordingly with plenty of time to react.

In practice, I have read that the sensitivity of these are not as good as ultrasonic ones. I was told, for example, if you reverse into a parking space, it beeps etc as it should. Turn off the ignition. When you start the ignition / select reverse, the sensors will NOT see what is behind you as any object (post / bush etc) becomes a part of the magnetic field as it calibrates, so will not be "seen".

Jeff

Despite having the pre-facelift 4h with reversing camera, yesterday I had a set of parking sensors fitted. We have found the camera to be marginally short of useless, especially in the rain when the lens ended up with rain/sleet/snow on it creating a very soft, fuzzy, vaseline effect on the screen, useless!

We had this lot come out and do the installation and have to say, they were great, very efficient and professional, as well as reasonably priced. I ordered the unit online quoting the paint colour code and it was posted out in advance of their installation slot which was booked by way of a call after I placed the order. They came to the house and took less than an hour to fit them. They look great, like they belong, work well and sound perfect and all for £160 including colour matching, postage and installation.

http://www.avrmobiles.co.uk

Back