iPhone & Bluetooth Fix

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevePHEV

I have a MY16 PHEV GX4h and find that the Bluetooth keeps disconnecting and re connecting every few seconds when I'm on a call with my iPhone 6. Bluetooth audio works fine, and audio through the USB works fine.

I have searched the forum and I can find loads of Bluetooth posts but does anyone have the definitive fix?

I find that if I turn off the wifi, the bluetooth then works properly with my iPhone.

Recently after buying the new iPhone 6s i have that very same problem. I had before the iPhone 5 and never had this problem once. So i believe that is probably something with the new iPhones.

Simple but annoying fix - turn off WiFi on your phone.

Applies to a lot of makes, not just iPhones.

Also applies to lots of car makes too - some Citroen are the same for example.

StevieB said:
Are you sure? As to my lnowledge, the issue is not so much your phone being connected to something, but something being connected to the REMOTE network of the car.

My phone is connected to a different wifi network in the car and has no issues. I believe I read about others carrying a separate tablet that was connected to the REMOTE network, causing issues with BT phone calls.

anko said:
StevieB said:
Are you sure? As to my lnowledge, the issue is not so much your phone being connected to something, but something being connected to the REMOTE network of the car.

My phone is connected to a different wifi network in the car and has no issues. I believe I read about others carrying a separate tablet that was connected to the REMOTE network, causing issues with BT phone calls.

No, Deffo interference for some random reason with WiFi. Not linked to remote SID connection.

Some other car makes have a similar issue. Tends to be the less developed systems like Citroën and Mitsi. Wife has a DS4.

It only applies to the handset it is connected to though. So WiFi on another device to the one connected with BT is fine.

New owner here, since second week of 2016. Have an HTC One M8 (android 5.0.1) and the same connection on/off problems. Will try the wifi off workaround mentioned here when going home later today, and the reboot also, which was mentioned.

Though I am loving the PHEV in general so far, I find it embarrassing that Mitsubishi has not got this under control in this day and age. Even my previous car from 2010, a Skoda for crying out loud, had no issues.

Back