I've just bought my company car!

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowrunner

I had a shiny new PHEV delivered in 2015, but as a company car - when the lease was coming to an end I was offered the chance to buy it, or take another basically identical one as a new four year lease. I've not had any problems over 75,000 miles so decided to stump up the cash, take the car allowance option and save the tax bill (I'm in the UK)

I've always taken it to the main dealer for servicing, but now I have to pay for it myself I'd prefer to take it locally if they will service it. The local garage already looks after our Yaris hybrid.

The insurance wasn't too much for an old git like me with infinity NCB and I've paid my zero pounds for car tax :)

So any tips for the new owner (sort of) of a PHEV ?

slowrunner said:
I've paid my zero pounds for car tax :)

You could have paid the road tax with 12 monthly Direct Debit payments of £0, why should the DVLA get the interest from paying it in full upfront? :D

As long a it is in guaranty you'll have to use an authorized service, which in practice means a Mitsubishi dealer. After that you are free to choose - but if something has to be done to the electrics or the digital part you will need an official dealer, so make sure that you pick a garage with good relations with the Mitsubishi people..
Maybe you could play the pricing of the local shop against the dealership.

Back