Kenwood DAB Multimedia Kit SP033442

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ensoruk

Hi

What's the difference between the standard MMCS and the "Kenwood DAB Multimedia Kit" SP033442 ?
(http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/outlander/accessories/items.aspx?type=101&group=48)

Is this an upgraded replacement for the MMCS?

Anyone have one of these ?

Phil

doesn't seem like anyone has one Phil. The link you provideare all for dealer-fit accessories, not factory fit accessories so I don't think it is the new MMCS, my hunch is its an upgrade for the GX3 that can be fitted by dealer? The difference on paper with my GX4h MMCS is adding DVD, the DAB aerial is screen mounted (though no issues with my DAB reception at all) and the Kenwood has an ipod docking cable. Given it is £1,400 it wouldn't make sense as an MMCS upgrade. (the DVD player will not play on its screen if vehicle is moving so you'd need seat back screens or roof mount screen on top).

Seems a lot of cost for little gain IMO if you have a GX4 but is a possible way for GX3, after delivery, to get better sound system and Satnav Nav from their local dealer [and without the added software control (and pain!!) of the full blown MMCS.]

hope that helps

Back