Key fob button to turn off charging timers does not work

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nrayanov

My 2020 Outlander PHEV has a button on the keyfob that is supposed to turn off the charging timers/schedules so that it starts charging immediately when the cable is plugged in.

However, it doesn't seem to do anything (the keyfob is flashing), but it doesn't change the car menu settings, so I have to manually turn it off via the multimedia when necessary.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Works for me.
1: Plug in the type1 connector from your wallbox or Charging point and do all the necessary actions so the box is ready to supply power.
2: Double press the button on the side of the keyfob.

- You should hear the Type1 plug locking mechanism which stops you from removing the charge cable.

I don't use this function often, and my memory is perhaps hazy, if it doesn't work for you, try locking the car between steps 1 and 2.

Works for me.
1: Plug in the type1 connector from your wallbox or Charging point and do all the necessary actions so the box is ready to supply power.
2: Double press the button on the side of the keyfob.

- You should hear the Type1 plug locking mechanism which stops you from removing the charge cable.

I don't use this function often, and my memory is perhaps hazy, if it doesn't work for you, try locking the car between steps 1 and 2.
This almost matches my recollection. Also, I can't remember if I had to wait 10-20 seconds after point 1 for this method to work, or if I hade to do it within 10-20 seconds. The locking sequence seemed to matter too (I think it had to be left unlocked between 1 and 2) but again, can't remember details.

Thanks, I'll try this. I guess it's the double press I'm missing.

And I should have expected it because the trunk is also double press.

Man, I feel silly. I'll let you know if this solves it.

Okay, that worked. So here's what I did to make it work:
1. Connected the charging cable.
2. Closed the trunk door.
3. Did not lock the car, instead pressed the disable schedule time button twice.
4. Car locked itself and the charger without folding the mirrors.
5. Charging commenced.
6. Clicked to lock the car from the keyfob which folder the mirrors.

Thank you very much for your help guys!

My mistakes were keeping the trunk open OR locking the car before using the keyfob button to turn off the charging schedule.

Back