Key not detected question.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different car, same problem.
I had this problem on my Citroën DS5 Hybrid. One of the doors wouldnt lock or unlock and the key wasnt detected. When reading out the error log the garage saw that one of the 5 antennas inside the car was reporting an alarm. Antenna replaced on warranty, problem fixed.
Beside this the Citroën had to visit the garage 14 times in 12 months we owned it because of various problems..........

Love the PHEV, :D

Getting same problem as previous posts, car has been in the garage since Monday, (it's Thursday now) and not able to sort the problem. I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers

Chris

Please do, Chris. Mine still does it. Strange thing is, when the car came back from it's first service, all was OK - for 2 days. The garage swore they couldn't replicate it (despite me showing it happening to the receptionist), and found nothing in the error log. They also said they hadn't done anything that could have cleared it. I don't want to hand the car to them for an indeterminate period to clear what is obviously not affecting the running of the car, so if you find what it is, let us know.

gwatpe said:
I have to apologize.

The message KEY NOT DETECTED is what I have called the KEY NOT FOUND message I saw on my PHEV. All my comments relate to KEY NOT DETECTED.

In my PHEV, moving the key out of the key slot allowed my PHEV to find the key again. The slot seemed to prevent the car from finding the key. The dealer has no explanation of why the car now finds the key in the slot every time now. BTW both keys were affected, so it was a slot problem and not an individual key. Problem will probably return.

Key_Slot.gif

Key_Not_Detected.gif

Isn't the key in the slot the wrong way round (metal keyring band should be showing) ? ? ? ?

jthspace said:
Isn't the key in the slot the wrong way round (metal keyring band should be showing) ? ? ? ?

I can't see the pictures, but I doubt it makes any difference. The slot is just a plastic tray, a convenient place to put the key should you need somewhere. Mine never comes out of my coat pocket.

DazzyB said:
jthspace said:

I can't see the pictures, but I doubt it makes any difference. The slot is just a plastic tray, a convenient place to put the key should you need somewhere. Mine never comes out of my coat pocket.

Please read the manual. The slot is designed to take the key and in case the remote system cannot detect it. It is not just a convenient place to store it. You may just need to use it one day.

When I picked up the PHEV a couple of months ago the sales person pointed out the 'key slot' to me, she told me that if the key was ever 'playing up' for any reason to try putting into the slot with the metal end toward me in the first instance. One time both myself and the OH were in the car, each with a key about our person, then when I dropped her off and she left the car I got the key not detected message, so I took my key from my pocket and put it in the 'key slot' as suggested and hey presto, the message disappeared!

Neverfuel said:
Please read the manual. The slot is designed to take the key and in case the remote system cannot detect it. It is not just a convenient place to store it. You may just need to use it one day.

I consider myself told off and educated. Thank you. :oops:

lg1726 said:
When I picked up the PHEV a couple of months ago the sales person pointed out the 'key slot' to me, she told me that if the key was ever 'playing up' for any reason to try putting into the slot with the metal end toward me in the first instance. One time both myself and the OH were in the car, each with a key about our person, then when I dropped her off and she left the car I got the key not detected message, so I took my key from my pocket and put it in the 'key slot' as suggested and hey presto, the message disappeared!

"My" Cardealer instructed me, that the key slot is also for loading purposes of the key. So, if the battery of the key is empty, the car doesn't realize the key anymore and we need to push the key in the slot to be re-loaded.....

Friday 3.30pm UK just off to see if there has been any progress, but it looks like the wee Mirage for the weekend. The problem occurs when a door is opened, then you can put the key in front of thr speedo and still nothing.
Will keep the forum posted as even Japan cant answer this one.

Cheers
Chris

ViennaPHEV said:
"My" Cardealer instructed me, that the key slot is also for loading purposes of the key. So, if the battery of the key is empty, the car doesn't realize the key anymore and we need to push the key in the slot to be re-loaded.....

Yea - she also said that it was for recharging it as well and that sometimes, if that's what it needed, it might not always be recognised by the car!

The garage fitted a new "module" which they were sure would sort the problem.

When they came to recode the keys, the car would not accept the security code.

It appears that the camera was causing this problem, as when it was dissconnected the code went straight in.

So if anyone has trouble recoding keys, check there is no auxiliary equipment connected.

Don't think the camera had anything to do with the original fault as it had been installed for nearly a year.

Now if you take the key away from the car, nothing happens until you shut the door, (with the key still away) then the not detected message appears as expected.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Chris

lg1726 said:

The problem when both of you have keys near the vehicle is that the car will connect to the first key it sees, and will not try to find another key when the first one is removed from the vehicle. Your solution will work but probably will not let you lock the doors when you exit the vehicle by using the drivers or passengers door button or the the tailgate lock button. To re-establish connection with a different key (the one in your pocket, not the one in your OH handbag), you just need to switch off then on again once your wife is out of detection range (about 10 - 12 feet).

Hope this helps

Back