Key specs of Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loyd

Price: £35,000 (est)
Engine: 2.0-litre 4cyl petrol, 134bhp (est), plus two 80bhp electric motors
Transmission: Single-speed (EV mode)/CVT (petrol mode); all-wheel drive
0-62mph/Top speed: 11.7 secs/106mph

Economy/CO2: 143mpg/49g/km
Equipment: Climate control, power windows, sat-nav, 18-inch alloys
On sale: July 2013

Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mitsubishi/outlander/62137/mitsubishi-outlander-phev#ixzz2MvYRl7F4

It should be noted these are the UK specs of the Outlander PHEV. The European test cycle for plug-in hybrids and electric vehicles varies from the US test cycle and the Japanese test cycle which means the fuel economy numbers will likely change when the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV comes to North America.

Does anybody know why it's the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander, I mean why not the 2013 Mitsubishi outlander?

BobMarin said:
Does anybody know why it's the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander, I mean why not the 2013 Mitsubishi outlander?

A car's model year is determined by which year the car will be sold on January 1st. Since the Outlander PHEV is coming out in the UK in July 2013, sales on "January 1st" will not occur until 2014, hence it is a 2014 model.

So theoretically if you sold a car from January 2, 2013 through January 1, 2014, even though its entire calendar year of sales were in 2013 save for that one last day, it would still be a 2014 car.

ActionableMango said:
BobMarin said:

A car's model year is determined by which year the car will be sold on January 1st. Since the Outlander PHEV is coming out in the UK in July 2013, sales on "January 1st" will not occur until 2014, hence it is a 2014 model.

So theoretically if you sold a car from January 2, 2013 through January 1, 2014, even though its entire calendar year of sales were in 2013 save for that one last day, it would still be a 2014 car.

Didn't know that, very interesting. So to summarize they just wanna look newer, not surprised because the auto-industry has a lot of tricks such as this one up their sleeves and I see that Mitsubishi is taking full advantage of the.

I guess kudos to Mitsu

ActionableMango said:
BobMarin said:

Thanks for the answer Mango...

@Dannyboy well that is how they do business and Mitsubishi is no different

BobMarin said:
ActionableMango said:
BobMarin said:

Thanks for the answer Mango...

@Dannyboy well that is how they do business and Mitsubishi is no different

I had no idea this is he reason why it was Outlander PHEV 2014. Thanks.

klaus said:
It should be noted these are the UK specs of the Outlander PHEV. The European test cycle for plug-in hybrids and electric vehicles varies from the US test cycle and the Japanese test cycle which means the fuel economy numbers will likely change when the 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV comes to North America.

Yes but all the other features of Outlander PEHV is going to remain just the same.

Back