Latest changes to OLEV home charge grant

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OLEV has announced further changes to the home charge grant after the current grant which expire on the 31st March.
The grant is reduced from £900 to £700 meaning all customers will have to make a contribution of either £185 for the 16amp unit of £250 for the 32 amp unit. These are our prices charge master is £195 and £290 British Gas £350 and £449.
So sadly the days of free home charge units has come to an end. Our preferred manufacturer is Rolec as it allows users to see their data usage and possibly allow them to claim their electricity use back from their employers if it is a company car.
If anyone needs any help get in touch [email protected]
Cheers

According to OLEV website, current scheme runs until 12th April, with claims from installers permitted until 31st May.

Still time to get in for free - and it's worth shopping around. My 32A unit was installed totally free, where others where charging for the exact same thing.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/electric-vehicle-homecharge-scheme-guidance-for-customers-2015

See section 4;
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/413009/EVHS_GUIDANCE_FOR_PUBLIC_v1.6__1_.pdf

If you can find an installer who can fit you a unit before the 12th then best of luck to you.
We were at capacity at the middle of March and we refuse to sub contract as the quality of work and standards can't be monitored.
Most of our clients are happy to make a contribution - quite surprisingly to the office staff, under the new scheme and realise in relation to BG we are a lot better value. We also have a phev with 17000 miles on - so when our clients have a query we don't shrug our shoulders and say don't know, we offer first hand experience. If I had a pound for every time they ask what mpg we get we would be rich. before you ask I don't know ours but it's no where near the magic 148mpg figure

First you say;
chrisevcharging said:
so when our clients have a query we don't shrug our shoulders and say don't know, we offer first hand experience
But then you say;
chrisevcharging said:
I don't know ours
So errm, after 17,000 miles, shouldn't you know then?

Stvtech said:
First you say;
chrisevcharging said:
so when our clients have a query we don't shrug our shoulders and say don't know, we offer first hand experience
But then you say;
chrisevcharging said:
I don't know ours
So errm, after 17,000 miles, shouldn't you know then?

I guess that, like me, once he realises that it is close to what he could get from a standard car, he stopped taking much notice of it.

My point is that he actually alludes to the fact that he gets asked the mpg question very often, and boasts that in response to queries his company doesn't just shrug their shoulders and say "don't know". Yet of the mpg question, he says exactly that in the same post.

If it were my company, I would make sure I had some sort of answer to any question that gets asked frequently.
And although an mpg figure will be different for every user according to their journey profile, he should at least have access to the overall average of the vehicle they themselves operate.

In my opinion, his OP was less of a 'lets help out forum members with information' type post, and more of a free advertisement.

Stvtech said:
In my opinion, his OP was less of a 'lets help out forum members with information' type post, and more of a free advertisement.

I understood what was said as did many others I presume.

For what its worth I had a charger fitted by EV Charging Solutions and I found them to be excellent and very prompt, oops there goes another advert :D

Marksuk said:
oops there goes another advert

That’s not an advert, that’s a recommendation. Something that makes a forum useful.
What is not useful, is giving incorrect information (i.e. the end date of the current grant scheme), which might lead casual readers to part company with cash that they don’t need to.

And oh, why the need to shout ?

EV charging solutions installed my 32A / type 2 charging point and were great (and they did get stuck behind an accident on the M1 for hours) they have also tried to help with the problem i have with Rolec (who in my opinion are an utter bunch of sh1t-but there you go) even though it was nothing to do with their work. Highly recommended.

Chris,
Did you say I can access the charging info from my wallpod electronically?

The EST in Scotland will fund fitting costs over and above the OLEV grant so still fully funded up here. And before you ask I am not sure if it is in the Barnet formula. ;)

Back