LED DRLs - best price?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy123

Thinking of adding these to my new Phev (I'm only going to put official Mitsi ones on), and see the "official" price is £300 fitted. I've seen other people did rather better than that from their dealers - what's a "fair" price? I can buy them myself for c£260, and fitting looks easy peasy.

To replace P13w bulbs without drilling or reaming. Remove outer cover by inserting a screwdriver against a cloth, between the foglamp glass and plastic cover. Gently prise the cover away.

Remove three screws and unclip the two connections.

Remove the standard bulb and replace with the LED, this will not push into the hole completely.

UseGlasticon putty (Dum Dum) - not you the putty, and seal the bulb into the housing.

You can replace the standard grey (why) covers with chrome ones.

These fit on top of the originals and are held in place by one chance only 3m tape.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MITSUBISHI-OU ... 587wt_1192

End result looks great and costs pennies.

http://s26.postimg.org/banvhkreh/SAM_1619.jpg

Cheers

Chris

I have added the bulbs and the change is great. I have also seen the covers on ebay. Can I ask is it still possible to un clip the original cowling once the covers have been stuck in place. Thanks

Terryw said:
I have added the bulbs and the change is great. I have also seen the covers on ebay. Can I ask is it still possible to un clip the original cowling once the covers have been stuck in place. Thanks
Hi,
I have the chrome covers too. While I haven't tried to remove the coweling, the chrome covers do have screw holes that match up with the originals so I don't anticipate any issues being able to unscrew and remove.
Kind regards,
Mark

Hi

The chrome covers I used has 3M tape on the inside, it's still possible to prise both covers off to remove the three screws behind.

Be carefull when attaching as you only get one chance as the 3M tape is extremely sticky.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks Chris. I think those are the ones I have been looking at. Didn't want to order if it meant it they would lead to difficulties later. Cheers.

Back