Lifetime Fuel Consumption

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fancy McDancy

Two weeks into my Outlander PHEV ownership and I still can't find out how to display the lifetime (NOT trip) MPG / KPL of the car. Is there a way?

It's little bit difficult to explain by memory only without seeing the menus. Will take a pic for you.
Basically you have to change the consumption readings from A (auto reset after 4 hour inactivity) to M (manual reset)

I don't know about the recent models - in my 2014 model it was necessary to leave one of the trip recorders untouched from delivery. Mine was showing a lifetime of 44.3 mpg when I traded it in last year

Martin

Here is where you have to turn off "auto reset mode". Click on it and choose NO.
Bear in mind the vehicle don't have lifetime consumption reading. It is from last manual reset. If such wasn't done you are good with showing the lifetime one.
20240315_082221_HDR.jpg20240315_082240_HDR.jpg

Given that the mpg is very driver dependent, I'm not sure that the figure achieved by the previous owner of a second-hand car is of much interest to you. Depending on usage patterns, it's not hard to get the fuel consumption of an Outlander PHEV up to similar levels to a pure petrol car - do you want the previous owner's extravagance hanging round your neck?

It doesn't have one. You have to use one of your trip settings for this. If you bought used all of the historical information from before is gone if they have ever reset the trip.

Thank you all. Disappointing information, but thanks anyway.
I don't think it's unusual - my new X-Trail does not have a lifetime reading either. It maintains three numbers - consumption since most recent engine start, consumption since last refuel and consumption since last manual reset.

Martin

Back