Losing all radio modes except FM

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSC

Apologies if this has been asked before - I have searched the forums but can't see this point raised elsewhere

I've had a few instances when I've been listening to DAB radio and it's all gone suddenly quiet. When I hit the mode button, the only option not greyed out is FM. If I select FM I can listen to FM stations, but back to the Mode button, I have no other options. After 15-20 mins if I hit the mode button again I have the choice of DAB and AM again and can return to normal listening. I'm aware of DAB dropout in some parts of the UK, but I don't think this has anything to do with that and wondered if anyone else had similar problems and (possibly) had some answers. I'll certainly mention it to the dealer, but it's not due for a service for 10k miles and it's not worth the hassle of taking it in just for this.

Cheers JC

Well, I guess that if it can't detect any multiplex it might reasonably disable the DAB button, but that does not explain the loss of AM as well - that will always be noisy...

Back