Map Update

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentishman

PHEV GX4hs Atlantic Grey

Just had second service at Rainham in Kent and requested free map update, upon collecting my car I was informed that there are no free map updates and that customers can obtain map updates directly via a dedicated web portal at a cost of £164.00 delivered. The web portal caters for both the MMCS SD and the MMCS HDD system.
The web portal location is http://www.navigation.com/mitsubishimotors.eu

Has anybody come across this?

The only thing for free, is the update of POI: http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site/en_GB/-/GBP/View-Promo?Page=CampaignLanding_Mitsubishi_EV_EU&NewLocaleID=en_GB&NewDomainName=Navteq-NavteqEurope-Site&cwt=application/ApplicationFrame_campaign_light&&

I think the map update was in discount few days ago .. maybe it can be back in cheap price later on.

Almost 200 Euro per update the Navigation MAP is a crazy price ... but ... I guess Mitsubishi and Navigator have their own business model for it .. which clearly it is not "customer friendly"

It's completely bonkers. For less than half the price, you could buy a reasonable Windows Phone which would include satnav using the same maps from Here as the car, free for the lifetime of the device. And the maps would be automatically updated over mobile data or WiFi.

I've given up on the SatNav. MMCS gives wrong instructions at the wrong time and to top it off gives an inappropriate route.

Now using the App Waze, phone is held in place by this mount: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01K1KFWWO/

Problem solved.

I use, and recommend Co-pilot, Android, Windows and Is. £29 (for Android) single payment, updates for life, on board maps, speed camera notification traffic warnings as a bolt on extra the only time data is used). Very accurate, and on a modern smart phone very fast. Have used it for years.
Makes the onboard Navigator look like something designed by a ten year old. Sorry to any ten year olds, that is probably an insult.

This is exactly why we need CarPlay and Android Auto.

So we can have the superior aspects of a built-in nav system (large, integrated, touch-screen display), with the superior aspects of a third party GPS/smartphone unit (cost, features, responsiveness, up-to-date data, and continuous improvement).

On the subject of Map upgrades, is it possible to get an upgrade of the map for other countries as I am in Cyprus and since sailing over from Greece, the GPS remains static.

I would be happy to pay for an upgrade if possible - just do not know WHERE to ask the question.

Any help - appreciated.

Bye the way - I can use a mobile or sta nav but I want the MMCS fitted to the car as a preference.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Alan

Car arrived two weeks ago. Map version is 15A is this the latest? Have searched the forum and can't find mention of it. If there is a newer one will hassle the lease company.
Have racked up 1100 miles since delivery and am slowly getting used to it's ways.
The underwater capability on a trip from Manchester to Newcastle and back on Monday far exceeded my Seat Leon!

Back