Mapping EV chargers

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poins

I have found several EV charger maps online and I have downloaded various apps of varying quality but I haven't yet found a way to get the details of EV locations into my TomTom iPhone app. My PHEV is still on the high seas so can any current owners tell me whether the car's maps include EV locations and, if so, how comprehensive and up-to-date the details are?

As annoying as the nav is to set, you can have the option of having EV stations show. I'm not sure how accurate it is as there is only one in our entire state... Having said that it shows it very nicely!

Hi poins,

this is a global forum. I can say that in AUSTRALIA charging locations are thin on the ground, and the maps are NOT up to date. There is supposed to be updates available on the website, but I have not found them. It would be really useful to manually add new ones. I have just added chargepoints to the personal address book. This is the only way of getting directions without having to stop the car and navigate.

In UK, the EV charge point list is rubbish - it tells me my nearest charger is about 28 miles away when I know there are several about 12 miles away in the city centre. So I agree with jaapv - a couple of years out, and I've no idea how to up date it.
Cheers
H

I'm currently her in Kerry, in the West of Ireland, on holiday. Despite their government's plans to dominate the EV market, I've yet to see an EV here!

However, there a lot of EV charging stations in public & some supermarket car parks but without any signs to tell other car users not to park there (unlike UK Motorway Service Areas with the threat of £100 fines!). They also (unlike UK) have no connecting leads - so you need to bring you own (long ones to drape over the parked cars?) and appear to be Type 2.

Back