Meadowhall Shopping Centre Charging points

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MHS

We are hopefully picking up our car on Friday, and I can't wait.

We live just north of Sheffield, so do use Meadowhall once in a while. I know where the charging points are, and will end up using them.

There is mention in another post of a security barrier, that you need to have opened. Do we need to register with Meadowhall, or just speak to someone via a caller unit at the barrier?

I was ther on Monday head for service entrence 7 drive up to the barrier, you need to press the intercom and tell them you won't to charge your car, Yhey are just outside 3 pin sockets so you use the cable that comes with the PHEV. The best thing is it was busy on Monday with the kids off and the charge point were quiet and close to an entrence.

Bell0855 said:
I was ther on Monday head for service entrence 7 drive up to the barrier, you need to press the intercom and tell them you won't to charge your car, Yhey are just outside 3 pin sockets so you use the cable that comes with the PHEV. The best thing is it was busy on Monday with the kids off and the charge point were quiet and close to an entrence.

Lovely thanks for that.
Just waiting for the dealer to call and tell me when I can pick it up.

Eggtastico said:
dont forget to secure your cable.. someone mentioned to drive on the cable

That might damage the cable, long term. I think a padlock can be fitted to the plug, so would prefer that option.

Went for a run up the motorway (M1) to the Meadowhall Centre for a bit of shopping and made use of the Free power points. I followed the road round to service entry 7 and had to get out of the car to ask at the call point for the barrier to be lifted. I just told them I had an electric car and wanted to charge it.

It is not under cover which is a shame but it is free. First time using the supplied charging cable, just plugged it into the nearest 13amp plug. When I arrived at 10:00 I was the only one in the bays, but when I returned I was joined by a BMW i3.

When I first plugged it in I did not get the charging symbol on the dash, then I realised I had the car on timing charge! Oops, so I turned this off with my phone and hey presto it started to charge.

Sharky said:
Went for a run up the motorway (M1) to the Meadowhall Centre for a bit of shopping and made use of the Free power points. I followed the road round to service entry 7 and had to get out of the car to ask at the call point for the barrier to be lifted. I just told them I had an electric car and wanted to charge it.

It is not under cover which is a shame but it is free. First time using the supplied charging cable, just plugged it into the nearest 13amp plug. When I arrived at 10:00 I was the only one in the bays, but when I returned I was joined by a BMW i3.

When I first plugged it in I did not get the charging symbol on the dash, then I realised I had the car on timing charge! Oops, so I turned this off with my phone and hey presto it started to charge.

Don't know what time you left, but we arrived at 1640 to go to the cinema. Our first charge away from home. The BMW i3 was still there and also the meadowhall security Twizy. After the film and a good meal at Zizzis, we talked to the security chap before he set off in the Twizy. It's just a electric go-kart really, 0-30 mph seems to be about 0.1 seconds!!!

Back