Miles per kw/h - how's it calculated and whats a good number

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowrunner

I notice that the car is showing a miles per kw/h figure - for me it hovers around 3 - often slightly over. However I'm certainly not getting anywhere close to 30 miles from a charge ? (10kwh full charge if I remember). Is it as simple as that ?

Also I notice that the figure changes during a long drive long after the engine has kicked in.

Presumably the figure is including electricity generated then re-used during hybrid mode ?

I suppose it doesn't matter - using the electricity efficiently wherever it comes from is good?

What sort of number do others get ?

slowrunner said:
I notice that the car is showing a miles per kw/h figure - for me it hovers around 3 - often slightly over. However I'm certainly not getting anywhere close to 30 miles from a charge ? (10kwh full charge if I remember). Is it as simple as that ?

Is this figure on the Split screen view?

Is this the 2016 model?

Is this particular to a display setting of miles per kWh?

My PHEV, 2014 model only seems to display some random numbers between 1 and 36 kWh/100km in NORMAL mode with still some battery reserve.

Is this like the 99.9 mpg bug?

I'm with gwatpe,
(Mine is 2015 model)
Mine also shows random figures between about 2 & upwards. I seem to remember at one point 46, but I may be mistaken.
I should ignore it unless you want your brain to explode. :shock: TMI as far as I am concerned!
EDIT. FIGURE WENT UP TO 68 THIS AFTERNOON.

Back