Mitsubishi First vs insurance providers

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, well so much for Mitsubishi Insurance. They wanted £1500 to renew my insurance policy! Last year was £465 - which is still a lot by my standards. I recently moved house and apparently some of their underwriters would not quote for me as their 'systems' couldn't confirm that I lived at my current address. I've lived at this address (I own, not rent) since last October so quite why they were unable to confirm that fact I really don't know. I'm on the electoral register, council tax etc. and Mitsubishi know where I live as I informed Mitsubishi Breakdown Service and Mitsubishi Insurance when I moved, and had a recall letter sent from Mitsubishi UK to my current address.

Strange thing is that the £1500 quote from Mitsubishi (via Original Insurance Services Ltd) was underwritten by Liverpool Victoria Insurance (what exactly does go on in the world of car insurance?) who then quoted me around £300 on their own website. I eventually went back to Admiral for £305. I did make a windscreen claim on my Mitsubishi policy but was informed that this did not affect my renewal premium quote. I also made a claim the year before last for a windscreen with Admiral (yes - remarkably two windscreens in two years! See earlier post) which clearly didn't affect the price that Admiral quoted and I subsequently accepted.

So maybe Mitsubishi have changed their minds about OEM parts and repairs insurance then. Or have the rest of the car insurance industry mafia got to them?

Back