Mitsubishi Sweden does never check drive battery condition

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steepndeep

I just had my car for 40 000 km service at an authorised Mitsu dealer where I specifically requested the drive battery report as well. At pick-up there were no report and the dealer said that they did not have the equipment to do the check AND that Mitsu Sweden has told them that this is not a mandatory service item so they do not need to do it at all. They still check the item off at the service report though. To say I was surprised is an understatement.

So

Is the dealer bullshitting me?
Is Mitsu Sweden bullshitting the dealer (and me)

Or

Is this perfectly fine?

I will contact Mitsu Sweden next week to find their official position.

I have to say that our (UK) dealer has consistently ignored requests for a battery condition report! It has not worried me too much since PHEVs of our era do not have any battery condition warranty - just a warranty against actual battery failure - hence I'm not sure that I would want to know if ours was down to 20% battery capacity! I gather that the most recent sales do have some level of condition warranty - if our PHEV was newer, I might be more interested in the report.

Back