Motability UK

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belinda1

I understand that Motability UK will be dropping the 3h from their leasing scheme as the introduction of the 3h+ puts it out of their price bracket. Has anyone heard this story?
I was all set to order one under their scheme early 2016 and am now very sad. :cry:
BJ

I wouldn't be surprised if Motability can't wait to get rid of the 3h. I have seen a lot of complaints from their customers elsewhere on the web and even insisting Motability take them back.

A lot of disabled users depend on the vehicle for a lot of short trips so the PHEV should be ideal and very cheap to run but Motability customers have been very disappointed because the 3h doesn't have the electric heater so has to run the engine a lot to warm the car instead using far more fuel than expected.

Mitsubishi have tried to address this with the 3h+ which will have the electric heater so solving the issue so its a pity if the price is outside the Motability range.

I know this is a Really Old Post!! but I ordered my 3h+ on Motability yesterday. The advance payment is a little steep but they're allowed to go over their usual limit because of the price of the manual (I was told).

I was also told that they are only guaranteeing orders up to the end of Feb because of the reduction of the grant.

BTW I received an email from Charge Master saying that the grant towards home charging points will also reduce to £500 at the end of Feb. The point has to be fitted by then apparently. I'd not seen this elsewhere.

My first post too, so Hi Folks ;-)

Welcome to the site.

You don't really need a home charger if you have access to a normal 13 amp socket - the difference in charge time is a couple of hours and if charging overnight, it doesn't make sense to spend out money for no real benefit.

Jeff

Thanks for comment (and welcome) Jeff.

Unfortunately disability is a big part of this decision. Although I do have a 13amp socket, it's not very accessible for me. We think that having the point installed will hopefully be much more convenient for me to use on a very regular basis.

Moctu said:
Thanks for comment (and welcome) Jeff.

Unfortunately disability is a big part of this decision. Although I do have a 13amp socket, it's not very accessible for me. We think that having the point installed will hopefully be much more convenient for me to use on a very regular basis.

But might you not find a normal external socket fitted by a local (and cheaper) electrician even more useful?

Back