MPG figures on MMCS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimHo

I was messing about with the Eco info screen today. When set to Auto reset mode, the screen said mpg was 67.6. When I pushed manual reset button (just setting the mode, not actually setting it back to zero) the display changed to 45 mpg. Any idea why? Also, is there a "historic" mpg figure available anywhere in the system (ignoring the graphs you can't acurately read!)?

SimHo said:
I was messing about with the Eco info screen today. When set to Auto reset mode, the screen said mpg was 67.6. When I pushed manual reset button (just setting the mode, not actually setting it back to zero) the display changed to 45 mpg. Any idea why? Also, is there a "historic" mpg figure available anywhere in the system (ignoring the graphs you can't acurately read!)?

The manual reading IS the historic figure as long as you don't reset it.

The auto mode resets every 4 hours, if the car is not driven in that time.

SimHo said:

I assume that you are doing a lot of long journeys - primarily on petrol. 45mpg is the sort of figure that you would expect for that pattern of usage - if you are doing primarily short trips, you should be expecting a lot better.

45mpg would be terrific!

My car is a company vehicle and is destined to do 140,000 miles over the 4 year lease.

Where possible I cruise at a Sat Nav regulated 70mph on the motorways, hit Save at around 50% on the meter, charge fully at the office (max twice a week) use the motorway chargers occasionally and I accept that it's an 1800Kg brick - so 35 to 38mpg is more than OK.

When I do drive home from the office (12 miles) with a full charge, my mpg is never less to 800mpg

Anko,

I wish!

If there was a pure EV function, it would be ....., but there isn't and try as I might, I can't stop the engine kicking in for about 500yards over the 12 miles,when I travel up a particularly short but very steep hill.

As an aside, when I first got the car in February, the same trip used around 80% of the charge, according to the meter, here in the summer ( :D ) it takes around 50%.

Steel188 said:
Anko,

I wish!

If there was a pure EV function, it would be ....., but there isn't and try as I might, I can't stop the engine kicking in for about 500yards over the 12 miles,when I travel up a particularly short but very steep hill.

As an aside, when I first got the car in February, the same trip used around 80% of the charge, according to the meter, here in the summer ( :D ) it takes around 50%.
That's too bad, but understandable. Makes you wonder: how would your car do on that hill with a PHEV Box installed .... Having the PHEV Box active while towing a caravan makes the car very annoying to drive: every little change in speed requires you to breach the kick down threshold. Fortunately, switching to Normal mode takes care of this.

maby said:
SimHo said:

I assume that you are doing a lot of long journeys - primarily on petrol. 45mpg is the sort of figure that you would expect for that pattern of usage - if you are doing primarily short trips, you should be expecting a lot better.

I think the 45mpg figure is the historic average. I've just bought the car - it was first registered in March 2015 and it's done 38000 miles - so I reckon it has spent all its life on a motorway. I, on the other hand, only do 4K or so a year - mostly within ev range - so I'm expecting it to improve. A lot.

In fact, I've reset the manual trip and most of the time I have --:-- mpg - so it looks like it's working out!

Back