New grant announcement (UK) - Beyond Feb 2016 [Merged topic]

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DazzyB

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-plug-in-grant-will-treble-number-of-greener-cars-on-britains-roads

So the PHEV grant will continue but at a reduced rate of £2500.

OLEV grant to go to a 2 tier system

£4500 - zero emission and 70 mile range
£2500 - for PHEV if Ive read that right

link below

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet-industry-news/2015/12/17/new-plug-in-grant-reveals-two-tier-approach

I am now breathing a partial sigh of relief. As my current vehicle lease is due to end in July I will be very interested to see what effect this change will have on personal contract hire rates. I also need to find out if I can order a new vehicle in February for delivery in July and benefit from the £5000 grant. Has anyone any ideas :?:

vickers7893 said:
I am now breathing a partial sigh of relief. As my current vehicle lease is due to end in July I will be very interested to see what effect this change will have on personal contract hire rates. I also need to find out if I can order a new vehicle in February for delivery in July and benefit from the £5000 grant. Has anyone any ideas :?:

Yes you can as long as logged on the grant portal. We have many orders in the system and can help with a PCH quote if you want? drop me an email with the model required, period and mileage. [email protected]

Ridiculous quote from Chargemaster CEO in Neal's post:

"It means that many plug in hybrid vehicle drivers will simply not bother fitting a charger at home and run their cars on fossil fuel instead. To get the full benefit of owning an EV, a homecharger is vital.”

Worried about profits me thinks :cool: He has obviously not thought about the possibility that some people have a 3 pin socket within 5 metres of where they park their car and are not too bothered that it takes 1.5 hours longer to charge than an EVSE. :?

More to the point is you don't need one anyway!

We debated long and hard about whether to get a Charge Point installed. The outcome was we had an external socket (UK 13A double) installed on the garden wall behind where we park our cars. The power supply is extended from the adjacent garage dedicated ring main and is already protected by RCD.

Overnight charging of the PHEV is more than adequate, no need for a faster supply.

Tipper said:
More to the point is you don't need one anyway!

We debated long and hard about whether to get a Charge Point installed. The outcome was we had an external socket (UK 13A double) installed on the garden wall behind where we park our cars. The power supply is extended from the adjacent garage dedicated ring main and is already protected by RCD.

Overnight charging of the PHEV is more than adequate, no need for a faster supply.

I couldn't agree more - very convenient and minimum of approx £200 saved, I didn't bother with a type 2 to type 1 cable either. As it turns out, I would never had chance to use it, but I use the Ecotricity chargers when there is one on my route, maybe twice to three times a month. I figure with the electricity I have drawn from the fast charger, I have saved approx £17 in electricity costs (compared with home charging) - when you calculate the fuel saving from the 18 - 20 miles it gives you at 80% SOC, that's about 420 miles or 10.5 gallons of fuel (at an average of 40 mpg). Total saving is therefore about 50 quid so far.

That is for a free card with free electricity, I think if it cost me anything for the charge or the cable - it would not be worth it. I have probably spent more than I have saved in Costa Coffee, but I like to keep up my lifetime mpg! - which is currently 87.7 petrol, 68.1 combined. Pleased with that!

Neverfuel said:
I didn't bother with a type 2 to type 1 cable either. As it turns out, I would never had chance to use it, but I use the Ecotricity chargers when there is one on my route, maybe twice to three times a month. I figure with the electricity I have drawn from the fast charger, I have saved approx £17 in electricity costs (compared with home charging) - when you calculate the fuel saving from the 18 - 20 miles it gives you at 80% SOC, that's about 420 miles or 10.5 gallons of fuel (at an average of 40 mpg). Total saving is therefore about 50 quid so far.

That is for a free card with free electricity, I think if it cost me anything for the charge or the cable - it would not be worth it. I have probably spent more than I have saved in Costa Coffee, but I like to keep up my lifetime mpg! - which is currently 87.7 petrol, 68.1 combined. Pleased with that!

Probably right but if. like me, you live & work in London, then air quality is almost more important than fuel savings. Therefore, I am happy to have paid for the extra cable to enable me to recharge (as quickly as possible, LEAF drivers please note :lol: ) from street chargers in the City so that I can complete my day's driving in EV mode. :mrgreen:

Do not forget the new RFL 2017 implementation will hit EV/PHEV hard as well, especially if the RRP (not the discounted OTR price) is over £40K.

Back