New Owner Of An Older Model

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruckman65

I have just purchased a basic 2014 model (ZJ I think) which is one below the Aspire model. I have a few questions.

Should the reversing camera automatically come on the Info screen when the car is placed in reverse? (Mine doesn't)

Does the car have automatically folding side mirrors when it is powered off? (Mine don't)

Is the boot auto or manual? (Mine seems to be manual)

To set up the remote control via iOS, it requires an SSID which I do not have. What options do I have?

Thank you all in advance for your assistance.

Last edited:
Hiya,

Yes, the reversing camera is automatic, but you may not have one.

I don't think that folding mirrors were an option for the PHEV in 2014 (in Australia).

If you have the powered boot, there should be a suspicious bulge on the left hand side rear pillar and a metal arm that pushes the door up and down.
There is a button, near the cigarette lighter (in the centre of the dash) that enables/disables it.
There should also be a button to operate it to the right of the steering wheel.

I don't think the base model came with the 'remote module' that does wifi.

Hiya,

Yes, the reversing camera is automatic, but you may not have one.

I don't think that folding mirrors were an option for the PHEV in 2014 (in Australia).

If you have the powered boot, there should be a suspicious bulge on the left hand side rear pillar and a metal arm that pushes the door up and down.
There is a button, near the cigarette lighter (in the centre of the dash) that enables/disables it.
There should also be a button to operate it to the right of the steering wheel.

I don't think the base model came with the 'remote module' that does wifi.
Thank you, AndyInOz. With your reply, I can now stop chasing my tail!

Back