New owner since Friday - a few thoughts

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PHEVLeeds

Hi All

Have been reading the forum for a while, helping me decide to buy etc, it has been very useful!

Took delivery Friday of a white GX4HS after selling my Mercedes AMG estate. Bought the car a little bit through necessity due to family changes needed something a bit bigger and was intrigued with the hybrid.

I am not sure it will actually save me much, if any money! The lease is 482 a month, my mercedes was 393 and it did an average of 45mpg.

I bought the car, a bit like when looking at a woman for the first time, I based a lot of it on looks! I do love the way it looks and really like the wheels and the front. The interior quality is a bit of a let down compared to the Mercedes, for example movement on some of the interior trim couple of little rattles. Also some of the plastics look a bit naff. That said it does have some nice features.

It is not a cheap car and some of the spec baffles me, electric drivers seat but not passenger, LED lights but the full beam light is a halogen light, seems a bit odd to me for the money.

Really like the app and the little features that offers like turning the heating on etc.

The beeps drive me mad, the sheer amount of them, if anyone knows how to stop LDW coming on by default I would be greatful.

The adaptive cruise is good and works very well!

If anyone could tell me the bulb codes I need to buy to replace the map lights and centre roof lights that would be great.

PHEVLeeds said:
Hi All

Have been reading the forum for a while, helping me decide to buy etc, it has been very useful!

Took delivery Friday of a white GX4HS after selling my Mercedes AMG estate. Bought the car a little bit through necessity due to family changes needed something a bit bigger and was intrigued with the hybrid.

I am not sure it will actually save me much, if any money! The lease is 482 a month, my mercedes was 393 and it did an average of 45mpg.

I bought the car, a bit like when looking at a woman for the first time, I based a lot of it on looks! I do love the way it looks and really like the wheels and the front. The interior quality is a bit of a let down compared to the Mercedes, for example movement on some of the interior trim couple of little rattles. Also some of the plastics look a bit naff. That said it does have some nice features.

It is not a cheap car and some of the spec baffles me, electric drivers seat but not passenger, LED lights but the full beam light is a halogen light, seems a bit odd to me for the money.

Really like the app and the little features that offers like turning the heating on etc.

The beeps drive me mad, the sheer amount of them, if anyone knows how to stop LDW coming on by default I would be greatful.

If anyone could tell me the bulb codes I need to buy to replace the map lights and centre roof lights that would be great.

Did you check whether the LDW switch is OFF?
It is onto your right side when you sit on the drivers seat.(I hope your vehicle is a right hand drive)

And you can get all the LED lights you want via EBAY!
If you want,I can send you some links. :D

PHEVLeeds said:
Hi All

These are the fog LED's which I use presently.
Try these!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/1pc-Car-White-Fog-Lamp-H11-H9-H8-63SMD-2835-LED-Light-Tail-Signal-LightA-/301963133810?_trkparms=aid%253D222007%2526algo%253DSIC.MBE%2526ao%253D1%2526asc%253D20150519202348%2526meid%253D710079115f70467087bd2b47368e4392%2526pid%253D100408%2526rk%253D8%2526rkt%253D9%2526mehot%253Dag%2526sd%253D291827818642&_trksid=p2056116.c100408.m2460

NS633 said:
PHEVLeeds said:
Hi All

Did you check whether the LDW switch is OFF?
It is onto your right side when you sit on the drivers seat.(I hope your vehicle is a right hand drive)

And you can get all the LED lights you want via EBAY!
If you want,I can send you some links. :D

@NS633 Would you mind sending some links, its the interior lights like the map lights. They all have little codes dont they.

Regarding the LDW, yes I found the switch to turn it off, what I mean is next time i get in the car it will be ON again, and then I have to switch it off.

Is there a way to make it stay off?

Thanks

I made a similar comment about the interior to dealer. He said the cost of manufacturing such hybrids is very high , and to make it compete with diesel they had to tone it down. It is not compete in luxury segement.

LDW - in the beginning it drove me mad. Then I realized my driving had become sloppy over the years. Nowadays it hardly beeps.

Kesto said:
I made a similar comment about the interior to dealer. He said the cost of manufacturing such hybrids is very high , and to make it compete with diesel they had to tone it down. It is not compete in luxury segement.
You think the Outlander diesel will be more Premium? I guess it is pretty much the same, so what would be the excuse there?

anko said:
Kesto said:
You think the Outlander diesel will be more Premium? I guess it is pretty much the same, so what would be the excuse there?

The extra cost of the sliding rear seats :lol:

LDW can be switched off, I read it on here some time ago! it drove me crackers too! haven't had it on since the first week I had the car back in January. If I remember rightly, get into drive, hold the button in for 10 seconds and it disengages. if that isn't quite right there is a post somewhere on here that tells you!

Back