NSL-2017-54001

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggy

FYI

Spoke to Cirencester (home of Mitsubishi in the UK) a couple of days ago re the App and the security flaw plus the lack of connectivity with latest versions of Android and this is what they told me:

Brand new newsletter just gone out to all dealerships in the UK to cover the security flaw first reported in June last year and the out of date app (not working with latest versions of Android).

Newsletter NSL-2017-54001 - originally dated Jan 2017 but newly updated this month, my local dealer read it out and part of it states the ECU has to be updated.

Bonus !!!!!! Whilst talking to Service Manager I discovered there is a service plan on my PHEV (bought at the turn of 2016/17 so free servicing for 3 years - whoopeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

What do you mean by the out of date app not working with latest versions of Android ? I have Android 7.0 on my phone and the app works perfectly fine ?

Re the potential security flaw, I'm not overly bothered about it, I've just continued using the app as normal. I'm not going to stop using it, and therefore miss out on the convenience of pre-heating, etc. in the winter, because of a one in a zillion chance that a nerd sits outside my house for several hours trying to break the code just so that he can turn off the alarm !

Back